Friday, June 5, 2015

Friday

(iZombie is good for a laugh.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady brought home yang-yum chicken for dinner.  Translation?  Fried poultry covered in super-hot yellow sauce.  The meal nearly burned a hole through my tongue.  I greedily drank an entire bottle of generic cola in order to numb the searing pain.  Asians love to cook with spice.  I'm usually OK with it.  Maybe poor old Smith's just getting old.

I watched iZombie.  It's about an attractive female doctor who eats brains to stay alive.  She then takes on the characteristics of the victims she consumes.  In the latest episode, the doctor eats the brains of a cheerleader and becomes all perky.  After that, she devours the brains of a stoner and gets a case of the munchies.  The program is actually funny.  However, I live in South Korea, so perhaps I'm starved for entertainment.  You tell me.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty pagan.  I asked the savior to stop my wife from behaving like a loon.  Believe it or not, my prayers have been answered.  We're getting along like gangbusters.  She's finally accepted the fact that her husband and children are dullards.  Praise Jesus.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m. and turned on Fox News.  Rick Perry's running for president.  He has zero chance of getting the nomination.  The money dried up after he lost convincingly to Mitt Romney.  I can't even see Governor Perry breaking into the top five of republican hopefuls.

I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  The news is still centered around the MERS outbreak.  The government has quarantined over 1,600 people.  In many areas, hospital masks are completely sold out.  It won't be long till the citizens start to panic.  Koreans are an anxious people.  It doesn't take much to spook them.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Jesse's Girl by Rick Springfield.  God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Fluids are not effective for getting rid of hot spices that are burning the crap out of your mouth. The spicy elements are often in an oily base that adheres to the flesh inside your oral cavity. Soda spreads it around a bit, and the acidity loosens it, but in terms of "relief obtained for calories ingested" the ratio is low. Something bland with physical abrasive properties (not on the order of sandpaper abrasion, though) is what you need. White bread works, or flour tortillas if you're eating Mexican. Indians use yogurt sauces alongside their curries for that. I suggest plain white rice, rolled around in the mouth, with your hot Korean food. There's a reason why Asians have that stuff as a side dish, you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm giving up the spice. It burns going in, and it burns going out. I haven't got time for the pain.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.