Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday

(Korean baseball rocks.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady went to Dunkin' Donuts.  She brought home a shitload of goodies in a cardboard box.  The meal was fantastic.  Sometimes, you gotta splurge.  I washed the pastries down with several glasses of generic cola.  The experience was heavenly.

I watched baseball on the tube.  The Samsung Lions hosted the Hanwha Eagles in the city of Daegu.  The Lions got drubbed yet again.  I believe the final result was 6 to 2.  In fact, the visiting Eagles swept the three game series.  I love Korean baseball more than the American major league.  I have no idea why.  Maybe it's because I can actually afford to see a game every now and then.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy pagan.  I asked Jesus to help my wife.  The poor lady's a complete loon.  She's always screaming about this and raging about that.  What she truly needs is some peace in her life.  Perhaps anger management classes would help.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m. and turned on Fox News.  The Five discussed ISIS and the worsening situation in Iraq.  But I can't remember what the panel said.  Probably the same old, same old.  Those idiots tend to repeat themselves.  Iraq will eventually be divided into three sovereign nations.  There's no getting around it.

I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  The women's world cup is being played in Canada.  South Korea lost its opener to Brazil 2-1.  Marta scored a goal for the victors.  I have no idea who Marta is, but I guess she's bad ass.  The article gave her high praise.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Me and Julio by Paul Simon.  Enjoy. 

6 comments:

  1. When I was in the U.S. last October on holiday, I stopped at a Dunkin Donuts near the rehab centre in Maryland where my mom was recovering from a broken ankle. Poor old gal is falling a lot more and breaking things. Luckily, she has enough money/Medicare/insurance, mostly as a result of my dad's lifelong service with various parts of the U.S. government, to have full-time live-in help these days. She's a Fox-watching Republican voter, so I enjoy sticking the needle in by telling her that she's one of the 47% moochers that her own political faction despises, so why does she keep voting for them? I'm cruel that way...

    Anyhow, I remembered Dunkin Donuts fondly, because when I used to work at nursing homes in Florida, people would bring in boxes of their stuff all the time. Between them and Krispy Kreme, I ate my weight in doughnuts during the 1990s. But the 2014 versions of DD were disappointing. Drier inside than what I remembered, with no real flavour. It was like they were made partly out of sawdust or chalk. DD's parent corporation was bought by Mitt R-money's Bain hedge fun, and they used to use a controversial nano-metal in their sugar, but I haven't seen any info that they use wood cellulose like other fast food chains do in their bread products.

    Another reason I was holed-off about DD is that they no longer serve peanut doughnuts, which were my favourite. I asked (politely) WTF was up with that; were they eliminated because of America's phobia about peanut allergies or something? The counter help, who were zero-skill-set minimum wage workers, had no idea. I don't think they even knew that Dunkin ever had peanut doughnuts. Glad your Dunkin experience was batter, Mr. Smith. It's hard to find good doughnuts in Australia, and in Canada, Tim Horton's was not as good as the Canucks make it out to be. America is supreme when it comes to junk food.

    Does the DL see any need to change? As unpleasant as it is to be around a raging person, it is also hell to be one. Their emotional life is unceasing agitation. Their souls would be more at peace if they found a way to be mellow. The trouble with borderlines, though, is that they're convinced THEY are right and everybody else needs to do what THEY say. Even when we flawed mortals do, though, it's never good enough because the turmoil borderlines feel is internally generated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dunkin Donuts is pretty good in Korea. But I don't complain. I just open my mouth and shove the pastry in as fast as possible. Sometimes, I don't even take the time to chew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you should put down your donuts and coke, get up off your fat ass, and give your wife a piece. Then she might shut up. Oh, but you might miss the game.

    Never mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could have a point. But I'm getting old. I need quality sofa time.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.