Monday, June 29, 2015

Monday

(Orange Is the New Black is a lot of laughs.)

Yesterday, I went to church with my eldest son.  The sermon centered on death.  How should Christians react to the big sleep?  The pastor told us that nobody truly dies.  This world's just our temporary home as Ur was a temporary home to Abraham.  In fact, the only real estate that Abraham actually owned was a cave where he buried his dead wife.  The message was soothing.

I watched season three of Orange Is the New Black.  A private corporation takes over the prison.  The company's trimming the budget in order to make a profit.  Consequently, all the guards are reduced to part-time status.  The institution hires novices to watch over the female felons.  This gives Piper a great idea.  She decides to sell her soiled panties on the internet to get some fast cash.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy pagan.  I thanked Jesus for turning my son into a math wizard.  The kid managed to pull down A's on his last two exams.  I couldn't be happier.  I just hope he isn't cheating. 

I also asked The Savior to help the Dragon Lady with her anger issues.  James and I are no longer allowed to live at home on the weekends.  We must find other lodgings on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.  What a pisser.  On the bright side, the peace is delightful.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m. and turned on the internet.  Greece is in collapsing.  But I still can't see them exiting the Euro.  The global powers-that-be would have a complete shit-fit.  I'm no fan of Alex Jones.  Nevertheless, I wouldn't be surprised if an act of terror occurs in Athens, forcing Tsipras to step aside.  The banks will get their coin one way or another.

I read The Hobbit while enjoying a bathroom break.  I loved the novel back when I was a kid.  I forgot how enjoyable it is.  However, I certainly missed my newspaper.  It doesn't get delivered to my weekend retreat.  There's something about the black ink which brings me joy.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Sundown by Gordon Lightfoot.  God bless.

6 comments:

  1. *centered on* :) Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. *centered on* :) Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Smith,

    The weekend lodging sounds tough but if it gives you some peace...

    Mr. Benge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could spend all my weekends at that peaceful palace. Hope it's in the cards.

      Delete
  4. Hey Smith, enjoy the peace.. and the rice break!
    FLB
    TG

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.