Monday, June 8, 2015

Monday

(Brian Ortega goes to war with Thiago Tavares.)

Yesterday, I went to church.  My pastor is very conservative. He has no patience for fornicators, drunkards, and homosexuals.  He says that we shouldn't even eat with them.  The Apostle Paul gives the exact same advice in 1st Cornithians chapter 5.  But I don't have the balls to point my grubby finger at other people.  I've got my own sins to deal with.

I took the family to Burger King.  I ate a Whopper and French fries.  I also enjoyed a pack of onion rings.  I washed the vittles down with a large glass of geniune Coca-Cola.  Talk about heaven.  I adore junk food.  All that sugar sends me straight to the moon. 

I watched the UFC.  The matches were spectacular.  The fight of the night featured Brian Ortega battling Thiago Tavares.  They beat the living shit out of each other for nearly fifteen minutes.  There was blood all over the mat.  In fact, both men had a hard time standing upright because they kept sliding here and there on each others' bodily fluids.  Finally, Ortega knocked the Brazilian cold with a wonderful flurry of vicious punches.  Now that's entertainment!

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surpise.  I'm not some filthy pagan.  I prayed that my eldest son James-uh would fight the urge to become a brainless dolt.  Jesus helped me once again.  I found the boy reading a novel later that evening.  Creepy.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m. and turned on Fox News.  Hillary's sliding in the polls.  Nobody finds her trustworthy.  However, there's not a single republican in the race who can defeat her.  If Clinton crashes and burns, it'll be at the hands of a democrat.  

I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  Barcelona won the Champions League.  Lionel Messi is the most famous athlete in the world.  He's certainly a dominant striker.  Saurez also performed brilliantly for the Spanish club.  The man's a complete loon, but he's a loon with oodles of talent.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's My Old School by Steely Dan.  God bless.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.