Thursday, June 25, 2015

Thursday

(Salem:  Season 2 has jumped the shark.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady went shopping at Emart.  She brought home a large pepperoni pizza.  It came in a big cardboard box. The meal was delicious--especially the crust.  I'm a huge fan of junk food.  I washed the vittles down with several glasses of generic cola.  I'm overweight and my teeth are falling out.  But I only have to make it for another 19 years.  After that, I'm free to die of ass cancer.

I watched Salem.  Mary Sibly's frantic because Lucy Lawless stole her son.  Lucy wants to turn the child into Satan's cabana boy.  Meanwhile, John Aldon hides in the woods in order to assassinate the young man.  But John's too late.  The devil's already been unleashed.  Season one was full of witch trials and hangings.  Sadly, season two has jumped the shark.  The writers need to go back to the drawing board.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty pagan.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  I thanked Jesus once again for the gift of patience.  I get the results of my son's algebra test later in the day.  His score is bound to be extremely disappointing.  But I can live with the sadness.  After all, what's a daddy to do?

I went to bed at 9 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 5 a.m. and turned on Fox News.  Neil Cavuto doesn't believe in global warming.  I'm skeptical, too.  Back when Neil and I were children, our government told us that the world was going into a severe ice age.  No kidding.  The news scared the living shit out of me.  I really believed that my friends and I would have to live in igloos for the rest of our lives just like a pack of filthy Canadians.  Well, the disaster never occurred.  I now suffer from trust issues.

I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  The news was quite joyful.  The match between Jose Aldo and Conor McGregor is back as originally scheduled.  It turns out the Jose's rib wasn't broken.  He merely sustained a bone bruise.  July 11th is definitely circled on my calender.  This fight will be one for the ages. 

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's I Am I Said by Neil Diamond.  God bless.  

8 comments:

  1. Hey Smith, I too remember sitting in a classroom (mid seventies), being told of impending doom - with the approach of the coming 'Ice Age'. Four decades on, I haven't had to snare a woolly mammoth for dinner yet! All that training may have gone to waste?! Two decades ago we had a 'gaping' hole in the ozone and faced being fried by the sun and other cosmic nasties!?! Now we apparently have too much of the stuff.
    It's a ruse.
    In the UK our vehicles are taxed for environmental consideration. The Government chose to focus on Carbon Dioxide (CO2) as the ultimate threat to civilisation. The irony is - it's plant food!
    People seemingly can be sold any line (that's profitable).

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was crap then. And it is probably crap now.

      But what do I know? I'm not a scientist. So I'm at their mercy.

      Delete
  2. Definitely look fwd to that McGregor / Aldo fight !! :) Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be epic.

      I'm keeping the posts down to twenty a month. That way I won't get burned out.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  3. Hey Smith. Have your kid get on Khan Academy's website and he will slam dunk math from here on out. I've raised some hillbilly kids from zero to amazing in math in a single summer by just letting them do the FREE Khan course online. Have him start from the first grade and work through to get the hang of the system.

    Someone put a link to your blog on zerohedge. I like it.

    https://www.khanacademy.org/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words.

      The problem is that my kid has no interest in books or learning. I would have to stand right beside him with a chainsaw to make sure he's folliwng along with Mr. Khan. I Just don't have the energy.

      Nevertheless, I've heard good stuff about the guy.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  4. I like your writing/prose....it's really great....
    esp.= "trust issues"..........sublime!!!!
    Will buy your book when you publish it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Meri.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.