Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Tuesday

(Shireen gets burned to a crisp.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady prepared beef and rice for dinner.  The meal was quite bland.  Plus the meat was covered in a thin layer of grease.  But I didn't complain.  I just smiled and ate my vittles like a joyous dull child.  I'm wonderful that way.  The glass is always half-full at my humble abode.  I washed the food down with several glasses of generic cola.  Poor old Smith is a broke dead dick.  I can't afford the good stuff.

I watched Game of Thrones.  What a wonderful program.  Stannis and his army are bogged down by horrid weather.  The ground is frozen, and the snow is flying.  The Red Woman tells the would-be king to sacrifice his very own daughter to the Lord of Light.  So Stannis burns Shireen to death in front of her mother and his legions. The child screams in pain, but no one comes to her rescue.  She's literally reduced to ashes.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy nihilist.  I asked Jesus for guidance.  One of James-uh's teachers is complaining about his lack of effort.  This teacher wants me to inform his mother so that my child will change his evil ways.  Jesus told me to keep my mouth shut.  And I agree with The Savior wholeheartedly.  Why break the peace?

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I had a dream involving the movies.  I walked to the counter to buy some popcorn.  Sadly, there was none left.  I got angry and stormed back to my chair.

I woke up at 6 a.m. and turned on Fox News.  Bruce Jenner's now a female.  He's on the cover of Vanity Fair.  Bruce looks attractive. If I were drunk and single, I might actually whistle as he passed me on the street.  But I don't think he actually wants to be a woman.  He's addicted to fame, and his transformation has garnered him a popular reality show.

I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  MERS is still dominating the headlines.  Four people have died so far.  However, the victims were suffering from old age and compromised immune systems.  For instance, one had severe asthma while another was battling COPD.  Nevertheless, the disease makes me nervous.  I'm an anxious father.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's What If by Creed.  God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Mr. Smith, I'm always gobsmacked by the things you watch on TV, with you professing your Christianity in the next paragraph. The GoT bit about the king burning his daughter is straight out of the Old Testament, child sacrifice to Moloch, complete with divination accompanying it like in the Book of Kings. If you have your heart set on God, isn't there a conflict in your soul when your eyes are focussed on deviltry? And you wonder why you have nightmares? I couldn't stomach it. Video violence squicks me out, even though I know it's fake. I encounter plenty of real-life hostility, aggression and edgy situations with the potential for hands-on fighting at work. I don't need to invite it into my living room. (Even if I did own a TV.) You need to get a more violent job! Then you might be compelled to watch more peaceful stuff.

    I was readinga New York Times article about how MERS spread through the SouK hospital system. It was an interesting look at the culture there. Although the NYT sniffed down its nose at South Korean hospital practises, the same spread of a little-known disease could hit in any country. Look at the bumbling in the U.S. when Ebola was ramping up last year, and the initial spread of SARS in Canada during 2003. We'd all like to THINK our medical system protects us, but we're only one vicious microbial strain away from a civilisation-ending catastrophe. Germs will kill more of us than head-chopping Muslim savages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm terrified of germs. And I'm also terrified of Muslims. One day, Muslims will get their hands on biological weapons. Then we'll all be screwed with a capital S.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.