Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tuesday

(Game of Thrones is finished till next year.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady prepared fish and rice for dinner.  It wasn't her best effort.  In fact, the fish tasted like rubber.  But I didn't complain.  I just smiled and ate my vittles with a smile on my lips and a song in my heart.  I'm wonderful that way.  I washed the meal down with several glasses of generic cola.  Sugary soft-drinks bring me much joy.

I watched the Game of Thrones season finale.  What can I say?  It's nothing short of brilliant.  Cersai's forced to march naked from prison back to the castle.  A woman with a bell follows behind her chanting the word shame over and over again.  Then the angry villagers start pelting the queen with pieces of shit from their chamber pots.  I kid you not.  To top things off, the Lord Commander is stabbed to death by his underlings.  The episode ends with Jon leaking lots of blood onto the snow-encrusted earth.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy misanthrope.  I thanked Jesus for giving me a peaceful heart.  I've accepted the fact that my children are a couple of dolts.  I no longer worry about math grades.  Let the dice fall where they may.  Their future's in His mighty hands.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I had a dream concerning David Letterman.  He was angry because I hadn't prepared properly for his show.  David cursed me up and down.  Then he told me that I wouldn't get another job in Hollywood.

I woke up at 6 a.m. and turned on Fox News.  Jeb Bush is running for president.  The Five seem to love him.  Yet he fills me with nothing but dread and trepidation.  The Bush and Clinton families have done insufferable damage to my beloved nation over the last twenty-five years.  It's time for my countrymen to move away from yesterday's spoiled milk.  There are better alternatives out there.

I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  Two teenagers in North Carolina were bitten by sharks.  In fact, both lost arms during the attacks.  Thankfully, they're expected to survive.  I never go in the ocean.  Too many bad things can happen.  With my luck, I'll get swallowed by a whale.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks.  God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.