Saturday, July 11, 2015

Saturday

(Dylann Roof wasn't eligible to own a gun.)

Yesterday, I went to a restaurant with my eldest son.  We ordered fifteen dollars worth of fried chicken.  The meal was delicious.  I washed the vittles down with a pitcher of beer.  Drinking suds in Korea is very expensive.  That's why most drunks stick to soju or rice wine.  Sadly, I can no longer handle the hard stuff.  I'm just too old.

I watched the season finale of The Island.  The men capture a small crocodile.  They then debate whether to slay the beast or let it live. One of the contestants begs for the creature's life.  In the end, they stick a knife in the croc's head and cook it for dinner. Good for them.  It was the correct decision.  Men were given dominion over the animals, and people need to eat.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy nihilist.  I asked Jesus for peace.  The Dragon Lady is currently in Pusan having a pow-wow with her family.  They're probably badmouthing me as we speak.  Yet I've done nothing wrong.  I don't cheat. I don't hit people.  I don't gamble.  And I'm nice to children and ponies.  I have no idea why everybody hates me.  Oh well. What's a boy to do?

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I had a dream about Bernie Sanders.  We were swimming on a segregated beach.  Some uppity blacks tried to join the party.  But Bernie warned them that they would be crucified if they didn't follow the law.  He said, "Do you want to end up like Jesus?"  They didn't.  So they swam forlornly to the colored section. 

I woke up at 9 a.m.  I turned on my laptop.  It turns out the Dylann Roof wasn't eligible to own a pistol.  Roof's a felon with a drug conviction.  It seems there was a glitch in his background check. I'm a huge advocate of the 2nd amendment--even though scores of innocent Americans get gunned down every year.  I just don't trust the government.  Perhaps I'm a loon in the mold of Alex Jones.

I read the paper later in the day.  Korea has mandatory military service for all male citizens.  Every swinging dick on the peninsula must spend 22 months in the army.  Those who refuse to do so for religious reasons are put in jail for the same duration.  The government's now contemplating alternative service for the yellow-bellies.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Love the One Your With by Stephen Stills.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.