Friday, July 3, 2015

Friday

(Alone is very entertaining.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady went to Dunkin' Donuts.  Even though my wife's a loon, I'm the one who calls the shots.  Thursday is donut night, and there isn't a damn thing she can do about it.  She brought home several delicious pastries in a large cardboard box.  I ate them while drinking a plastic bottle of generic cola.  The experience was heavenly.

I watched the latest episode of Alone.  What can I tell you?  I love survival shows.  Ten men are taken to Vancouver Island and dropped off in the forest.  The one who stays the longest wins $500,000.  They frequently get harrassed by bears and wolves.  So far, two men have dropped out of the contest.  They both cried like a couple of forlorn women.  But I would've done the same thing.  Woodland creatures give me the willies.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty pagan.  Once again, I asked Jesus to spare my mother from cancer.  We still haven't gotten any news about her biopsy.  It looks as if we won't get the results until after the long weekend.  I guess her pathologist is too busy setting up his 4th of July barbecue grill to get any work done.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m. and turned on Fox News.  The Five discussed ISIS.  The terror group has allegedly executed seventy-three children for crimes against Islam.  Supposedly, three youngsters were recently crucified for eating during Ramadan.  I have zero affection for militant rag-heads.  Nevertheless, I always take these vile facts with a grain of salt.  There were reports during the first Iraq War of babies being thrown from incubators.  It turned out that the rumors were bullshit.

I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  The Chinese are getting taller.  It seems that better nutrition is making them grow by leaps and bounds.  Sadly, they're also getting fatter.  Ten percent of the population is considered obese.  Soon, they'll be fat and miserable just like their American brothers and sisters.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's The Gambler by Kenny Rogers.  God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.