Friday, July 17, 2015

Friday


 (I buy my bacon at Emart.)

Yesterday, the pastor came to my humble abode at 9 a.m.  He seemed like a really nice guy.  He told the Dragon Lady that divorce isn't the solution to our problems.  She agreed with him. So now it looks as if we're getting back together.  

My wife's currently out of town till Tuesday.  She took Bluce with her.  We'll see how everything works out. But I'll tell you people one thing.  I'm certainly going to miss the peace and quiet.  I'm also going to miss the beer. I'd better drink up while I still have the chance.

I cooked dinner for me and my eldest son.  I bought this off-brand bacon at Emart.  The stuff was great.  It fried up all thick and crispy. I served the meat with eggs and fajita bread.  I'm becoming a real Betty Crocker.  I washed the vittles down with a large plastic bottle of Hite beer.  A good time was had by all.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty nihilist.  I thanked Jesus for preserving my twisted marriage.  But I'm not the least bit surprised.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  Anyone who bets against The Savior needs to get his head examined.  He's a miracle man.

I went to bed at 11:00 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 7 a.m. and turned on my laptop.  A black woman in Texas named Sandra Bland got stopped by the cops for a traffic violation.  She kicked the police officer in the chest.  Sandra was later found hanging from her jail cell.  The FBI and the Texas Rangers are now investigating her death.  Why do African Americans love to resist the law?  I just don't get it.

I read the newspaper later in the day.  A nineteen-year-old boy in Seoul found his father trying to commit suicide.  He became enraged and started beating his dad with his fists and his feet.  The young man hit him so hard that the old bastard died.  Talk about a weird case.  The court had mercy.  The kid was given an eight month jail sentence.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Bring Your Daughter To the Slaughter by Iron Maiden.  God bless.

2 comments:

  1. "Why do African Americans love to resist the law?"

    Smith, are you trolling us? Provocative statements about black folks, to see if you can get a rise out of us? Fact is, arseholes come in all colours. Lots of white people get shitty with cops, and Mexicans can be combative fuckwits, drunken Indians (the feather kind) fought Mounties in Canada (small towns there typically don't have their own P.D.s so law enforcement is handled by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.) Down here, in addition to the stupid fucking European-descended miscreants, we have Vietnamese drug addicts, Lebanese and Turkish Muslims bent from mental illness and methamphetamine, drunken wife-beating Indians (the dot kind) who struggle with the local law and have to be capsicum-sprayed... Lots of people wearing various skin tones are self-centred and foolish enough to forget that if you fight with men (and lots of women here, too) who have the government's permission to inflict violence, you're going to reap 10 times the punches you throw.

    There's a psychological tendency in humans to remember the bad behaviour of minority group members, especially when it's a group that we're prone to disliking. We see that as typical of THEM. In Europe, it used to be gypsies. One of those drifters did a crime, it stuck in the mind of the locals, whereas if Pyotr had done the same thing, it was just another dumbshit. Probably the same in Muslim countries when a Shi'ite goes ape, the Sunnis think "Isn't that just like one of those apostates?"

    I can see why black folks are more prone to resist cops than whiteys, at least middle-class whiteys like you and me. Because authorities have ALWAYS fucked over black people in Amerikkka, ever since the original days when they would round up escaped slaves. Then there were the 100 years after the Civil War when Southern cops enforced Jim Crow (and Northern pigs were just as prejudiced, even though the laws were supposedly against that in the North.) If you grew up in a culture where all the stories your parents told were about oppression by the cops, and your friends were getting jacked all the time by The Man, you'd be more likely to resist too. Not that that's any excuse for anti-social, thuggish behaviour by blacks. Bill Cosby had it right in that infamous speech he gave telling the young'uns to pull up their pants and stop acting like gangstas. Too bad he's been revealed to be a criminal himself, which will be forever used to detract from his message.

    Point is, dickheads will be dickheads, whatever their outsides are. You just tend to remember the dickishness of Sandra Bland more than you do the same scumbaggery of Sammy McWhite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just don't buy it anymore. My high school was 60 percent black. I spent my youth trembling in fear. They just don't fear the law like the average white man.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.