Monday, July 6, 2015

Monday

(Japan gets thrashed by America.  Deal with it, junior.)

Yesterday, I took my eldest son James-uh to a restaurant.  We ate fifteen dollars worth of fried chicken.  He ordered a coke while I consumed an entire pitcher of beer.  The experience was heavenly.  James-uh wanted to leave early in order to play computer games.  But I made him stay so that I could enjoy his company.  I asked him if he had a girlfriend.  He told me to shut up.  Talking with a teenager is hard work.

I watched season three of Orange Is the New Black.  The hillbilly girl with the porcelain teeth gets raped by a new prison guard.  The scene is tough to watch.  She cries silently during the crime.  Meanwhile, the ladies learn that Piper is getting seventy dollars every time she sells a pair of used panties.  They're tired of being paid with flavor packs.  They want their cut.  Orange Is the New Black is a wonderful series.  It's definitely must see television.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy pagan.  I asked Jesus to help my kids.  I really don't want to go back to their mother.  But, at the same time, I'm not a big believer in divorce.  I'd prefer to work out a deal where we stayed married on paper without having to see each other.  The whole mess must be hell on the children.  Talk about confusing.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m. and turned on my laptop.  Several piranhas were found in a large Korean reservoir.  Officials believe the fish must have been released into the eco-system as a joke.  But nobody's too worried.  All the piranhas will die when winter comes.  So the odds of a swimmer being attacked and devoured are slim to none.

I checked the Fox News website later in the day.  The American women's soccer team are the champions of the world.  They defeated the Japanese by the score of 5-2.  I find the news very exciting.  My country has faced some rough times over the past 16 years.  A little bit of good news certainly doesn't hurt.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Sober by Tool.  God bless. 

6 comments:

  1. Sober is a good song. I lost a good friend to cancer and went on a two year drunk. Now I drink very little. I didn't have beer at my big Fourth of July party. I didn't say anything stupid. But I wish Maynard would drink harder and make more angry, hard-driving music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a huge fan of Tool. But the songs are a little dark.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. I'm not clear how serious the divorce separation talk is? Do you really think it's heading in that direction? Since I've been married I've struggled with it honestly but it's a different issue maybe, I'm not happy while she is. I just fell into the marriage and with her family pressure couldn't seem to back out when maybe I should of done. Divorce if I instigate it guilts me too much to follow through. In some ways my wife has me in my own private prison due to her accepting our marriage is piss poor.

    James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to get divorced. I want an arrangement for the children.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  3. I like the list, keep my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like the list. But it comes off as a bit girly. I like to maintain my macho facade.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.