Monday, July 20, 2015

Monday

(Michael Bisping earns a split decision in Glasgow.)

Yesterday, I prepared beef fried rice for dinner.  The meal was quite good.  I went heavy with the grease and salt.  My eldest son James-uh ate every last morsel. He called me a great cook.  I washed the vittles down with some soju and a plastic bottle of Hite. A good time was had by all.

I watched the UFC.  Michael Bisping fought Thales Leites in Glasgow, Scotland.  My poor old mother's from Glasgow.  No kidding.  The fight was very evenly matched.  Bisping hit the Brazilian several times with heavy right hands.  

Meanwhile, Leites countered by savagely kicking his opponent on his lead leg throughout the match--sapping the Englishman's strength.  By the fifth round, Bisping was exhausted.  Yet the judges awarded Michael the split decision. I thought Leites won. But who died and made me boss?

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy pagan.  I thanked Jesus for the past two weeks of peace and beer.  It's wonderful to have a break from that wicked witch I call a wife.  All glory goes to The Savior.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m. and turned on my laptop.  Donald Trump is sticking to his guns.  He will not apologize for his insensitive comments toward John McCain. In fact, he insulted the Arizona senator one more time by calling him a failed politician.  The Lord definitely broke the mold when he created Donald.  And I'd be offended by his bad behavior if McCain wasn't such a Wall Street ass-licker.  Final analysis?  Screw John and the horse he rode in on.

I read the paper later in the day.  Obama recently praised the South Korean educational system.  He said that Korean teachers make more than doctors.  This is completely untrue.  Furthermore, most students on the peninsula use school as a place to sleep.  They get their real education privately at academies.  And their parents pay a fortune.  The president is grossly misinformed.  Run from the Asian model of learning as fast as you can.  

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Welcome to the Machine by Pink Floyd.  God bless. 

4 comments:

  1. A bottle of Korean beer AND soju? I bought two 500-ml bottles of that stuff last year, just to see how it was. Not AWFUL, but not something I want to guzzle without a good reason (like having it with Korean takeaway food. Only I never buy Korean takeaway, even though this town is overrun with their cuisine.) So I still have one bottle of soju in the fridge.

    Along with 29 bottles of assorted hard liquor in my cabinet, almost every one still nearly full. And at least 20 bottles of wine in the four-tier rack. I feel sophisticated, having a large alcohol library, but I don't drink much these days. Even one or two glasses makes me sleepy; saps my motivation. Not that I get passing-out drunk; it's just that a lay-down for a nap looks increasingly good with a little bit of ETOH in me.

    Which is why I prefer weed. It inspires me to go on meandering bicycle rides because the colours look so groovy, or to cook fantastic dishes with the food I have in my SHTF "I won't starve for at least 6 months when the Lloyd Blankfeins finally destroy the world economic system" stockpile. Some of my best creations in the Air Fryer are when I'm stoned, like the spanakopita I did last week from scratch. Not following any recipe, either, and starting with fresh spinach instead of the frozen stuff. They were every bit as good as anything I've had from a Greek restaurant, and the cost for each triangle was only about 50¢.

    Like one of your other commenters, Mr. Smith, I worry about you resuming drinking. Your life goes back to stress mode, you return to booze, and your posts seem to indicate increasing quantities. Not everyone can handle it. Some peoples' brains don't have an "Off" switch when it comes to alcohol. You were wise and self-controlled to kick the habit. You can always do it again. Once off the wagon does not mean you can never climb back on. I foresee problems if you keep headed down this road.

    But what do I know? Except FLB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. I'm back on the wagon after tonight. The old lady comes back.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. I wonder if Donald is just a set up to give an easy ride to Clinton. What I do like is someone not apologising. Everyone seems to be in a constant state of apologising when someone says they are racist, misogonist etc...the truth is these same apologising people who are terrified to go against the group think would of been the first in line at KKK rallies or Nazi Youth rallies.

    James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what to make of The Donald. But I do enjoy listening to him brag about his own greatness. Talk about an ego.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.