Sunday, July 5, 2015

Sunday

(I recently saw The Terminator.)

Yesterday, I took my youngest son Bluce to a movie.  We watched the latest version of The Terminator.  The film stars Arnold Schwarzenegger as a good robot.  There are several bad robots which Arnold manages to subdue.  Schwarzenegger looks great for his age.  Plus he still possesses oodles and oodles of charm.  My boy and I had a great time.

Then we went to a restaurant and ate shabu-shabu.  Shabu-shabu is razor thin beef boiled in broth with noodles, mushrooms, and assorted vegetables.  The meal was great.  However, it was a bit pricey.  It came to nearly fifty bucks.  Plus the eatery had no cola.  I had to make do with some type of fancy Japanese tea.  Finery is completely wasted on a slob like me.

I tried watching television.  But a horrible fight broke out in my humble abode between the Dragon Lady and James-uh.  She screamed at him for over an hour because she caught him playing computer games.  The language she used on the poor kid was atrocious. 

I tried to calm her down with reason.  Sadly, narcissists don't respond to logic.  She threw my Samsung smart phone out a fourth story window.  Then she kicked us both out of the apartment--for the millionth and final time.  I can't deal with her rage anymore, so I'm calling it quits.  Life's too short.  On the bright side, the phone survived without a scratch.  Samsung makes good shit.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty misanthrope.  The thanked Jesus for my life.  It hasn't been too bad up to this point. And even though I'm separating from my spouse, things could be worse.  Lots of men go through this bullshit.  The situation will get better.

I went to bed at 2 a.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 10 a.m. with nothing to do.  My new pad doesn't have a television.  Yet maybe that's a blessing.  Perhaps I should start reading more books.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Where Have All the Good Times Gone by Van Halen.  Cheers. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you're on the rocks again. You need to get out for your own sanity, and for your oldest son's. An hour of screaming -- was it LITERALLY screaming, like at high volume, or was it just angry bitching? Not that the latter is much better. A frickin' hour? Does the DL have a go at Bluce? Or is he too young? I suppose this means you'll stop blogging again. Your life is such entertaining pathos, Mr. Smith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She fits the typical profile of a narcissistic mother. James-uh is her scapegoat while Bluce is the golden child. I'm no psychiatrist. But if it walks and quacks like a duck...

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like your son is a great blessing in your life, as I'm sure you are in his. You're so right that lots of men go through the bullshit you described. I realize that it sounds implausible but, life can be very good indeed without a woman. Things just become so much simpler without all the damn drama. I've been living life on my terms, not according to societal norms and expectations. The result is that the coefficient of bullshit has dropped dramatically. Needs are covered and so-called wants are few. Quite content with a good book and quiet. Glad I stumbled on to your comment at Zero Hedge. You present as a nice guy. I wish you and your son the best. And should you decide that you really want a female in your life, I sincerely hope you have better luck next time. Pax Christi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the kind words. It's like Bob Marley said: "No woman, no cry."

      Sometimes, I wish I was a Vulcan.

      Live long and prosper.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  3. Mr Smith,

    My thoughts are with you as sort things out.

    Mr. Benje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mr. Benje. Things will be OK. This kind of shit happens to lots of people. So I'm definitely not special.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.