Sunday, July 12, 2015

Sunday

(What kind of a sucker would vote for Hillary?  Haven't we suffered enough?)

Yesterday, I made beef for dinner.  I also fried some rice and eggs. It tasted damn good.  My eldest son James-uh ate every last morsel. So did I.  We both cleaned our plates using our tongues. We do that sometimes just for shits and giggles.  I washed the vittles down with several glasses of generic cola.  A good time was had by all.

I watched the latest episode of Zoo.  It's the dumbest show on television.  The animals start a war against their evil human overlords.  Even the dogs are getting in on  the action.  They kill an unsuspecting Brit who's visiting Slovakia to adopt a child.  He's torn to bits by a gaggle of naughty little house hounds.  The series has progressive liberal written all over it.  Man was granted dominion over the animals by our creator.  Get used to it.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy pagan.  I asked Jesus to grant me serenity.  The Dragon Lady's bullshit has me in knots.  If I were single, I would leave with a smile on my face and a song in my heart. Sadly, things get complicated when children are involved.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 7 a.m. and turned on my laptop.  Hillary Clinton garnered the endorsement of a very large teacher's union.  She's in a real dogfight with Bernie Sanders. If we elect another Bush or Clinton, then we really deserve our collective ass rape.  Have Americans learned nothing over the past 28 years?  What a choice.  Yuck.

I read the paper later in the day.  A man in Pusan was caught stealing $500 dollars worth of pork.  He'd been starving for the last four days.  He was intoxicated when the police apprehended him. The suspect can afford booze, but food's just a little out of his price range.  I'm not judging.  One day, that broken man in custody could be me.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Love On the Rocks by Neil Diamond.  God bless.    

4 comments:

  1. Hey Smith. I was thinking about you a few days ago. Glad you cranked it up one more time. Did you see? The Memphis Tenn City Council voted to exhume the bodies of Nathan Bedford Forrest and his wife. No word on where they will be re-interred. The council members also said they would put Forrest's statue on sale. Things are unwinding pretty fast. Ignorance & depravity are being celebrated as virtues. I'm mighty glad the Good LORD allowed me to think of Him as he is instead of how the world at large thinks of Him. Lord Jesus give us the strength to stand in Your Strength. Here's a song I wrote after I heard a man explain what Paul meant when he said, "Be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." Take it easy, Smith. There is a better day on the way and it will arrive right on time: http://www.thesupernaturalist.com/CHILDRENOFTHEFREE.mp3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul was an absolute genius. I love the guy.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. "grant me serenity"... Sounds like AA? Knock off the drinking Dunderhead.

    Your life parallels mine to a frightening degree. Weakness for drink-check. Bitchy wife -check. Douchey teenage son-check. Good luck. Keep writing, you are my main man for downloadable pop culture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure that eventually I'll be back with my crazy wife. If not, I'll be saddled with two children. So I might as well drink while I can. Soon I'll be back to my life of sobriety.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.