Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sunday

(Hannibal gets canceled by NBC.)

Yesterday, I prepared beef for dinner.  There were no side dishes. Just meat.  But my eldest son didn't complain.  He cleaned his plate with a smile on his face and a song in his heart.  He's a chip off the old block.  I washed the vittles down with some soju and a plastic bottle of Hite.  I'm a lucky man.  Things could be much worse.  At least I wasn't born in Chad.

I watched Hannibal.  Margo kills Mason by sticking an eel down his throat.  Dr. Bloom's now officially a lesbo.  And, for the coup de gras, Hannibal surrenders to Jack Crawford after saving Will Graham's life.  I was disappointed in NBC's cancellation of the series.  However, now I understand the network's motivation.  The protagonist's in a prison cell.  Where can the show go from here?

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty misanthrope.  I thanked Jesus for giving James-uh a strong mind.  Don't get me wrong.  He's definitely not Harvard material.  

Nevertheless, the boy's a lot smarter than his old man.  The kid aced his Algebra final, and he's only in the 8th grade. He has a bright future. I'd like to see him become a evangelical pastor. Then he could declare the damnation of all pagans and homosexuals during his future fiery sermons. But the choice is his. And I'm not about to twist the his arm.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I had a strange dream.  I was at an Italian restaurant with three complete strangers.  Yet I couldn't eat anything on the menu.  Every dish was made with cheese.  And I detest most dairy products.  I felt deeply ashamed of myself.  I ordered pizza with sauce.  All the patrons stared at me.

I woke up at 9 a.m.  I turned on my laptop.  Donald Trump declared that John McCain isn't a war hero.  Trump really has to watch his rhetoric if he wants to be taken seriously.  It was a dumb comment. McCain spent five years being tortured in a Vietnamese prison while The Donald was excused from duty on a medical deferment. Nonetheless, I'm no fan of the Arizona senator.  He just another Wall Street kiss-ass.  

I read the paper later in the day.  A man was convicted of sexually assaulting his sister-in-law.  He claimed that he was so drunk that he thought she was his wife.  The jury didn't buy his excuse.  He was sentenced to three years in prison.  But the punishment will be suspended for five years if he behaves himself.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Point of No Return by Kansas.  God bless.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.