Saturday, August 8, 2015

Saturday

(Niloy Neel hacked to death by crazy Muslims.)

Yesterday, I took my eldest son to a restaurant.  We ate fifteen dollars worth of fried chicken.  Poor James-uh is tired of poultry. But I believe in tradition.  Friday evenings are devoted to bird and conversation.  I washed the vittles down with a pitcher of Cass beer.  Cass is my favorite brand.

I walked back to my Soviet-style concrete apartment.  I shook my chubby ass while listening to Neil Diamond. I thought I was cool for about twenty minutes.  Then I saw myself in a mirror.  Reality came crashing down hard and fast. I almost cried like a woman.  Almost. I haven't shed a tear in nearly forty years. I'm extremely macho.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy misanthrope.  I thanked Jesus for his continued support.  I feel good.  I'm healthy. Life is peaceful now that the Dragon Lady's gone.  But I'm also willing to follow orders.  I understand that divorce is a no-go according to my religion.  If my loony wife wants to come back, then the door will always be open.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 7 a.m. and checked the latest Google headlines.  An atheist blogger named Niloy Neel was hacked to death in Bangladesh by angry Islamists. The religion of peace strikes again.  Muslims are completely nuts. Those rag-heads will eventually be the death of us all.

I read the newspaper later in the day.  The Korean government's on the verge of forcing churches and temples to pay taxes.  This will cause quite an uproar among the diverse religious communities here on the peninsula.  I'm not sure if it's a good idea. But who died and made me boss?  I stay out of Korean politics.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Macho Man by The Village People.  God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Smith,
    The first concert I ever attended was when the family went to see Neil Diamond on the Hot August Night tour in the mid 70's. I still have the ticket stub -$15.
    I appreciate your religious conviction, but surely all bets are off if your wife is a nut job? Isn't your first duty to protect your children from her? You are starting to sound a little whipped the way you keep making excuses for her. Man up and tell the dragon lady that she can only return on your terms. Think of a 'test' return condition that she will have to agree to, one that you know is anathema to her. You don't have to enforce it, but by getting her to agree you will establish that the rules have changed and that you are firmly in charge. You owe it to your boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually wonderful advice. I'll try it.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.