Saturday, August 22, 2015

Saturday

(Mutated lice are attacking America.)

Yesterday, I prepared beef and French fries for dinner.  I made the fries from scratch.  The meal was quite good.  My eldest son ate every morsel on his plate.  I washed the vittles down with two bottles of soju.  Soju will knock you on your ass.  Plus it's dirt cheap.

The Dragon Lady called.  She stiffed me on a 2,000 dollar credit card bill.  I'll have to pay it before the end of the month. But that's OK.  These things happen.  She went to the doctor two days ago. She has thyroid disease--which can actually mimic mental illness. My wife now has to take a shitload of pills to keep from going completely loony.  However, I'm afraid that ship has already sailed.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy heathen.  I asked Jesus to restore some normalcy to my family's life.  It's not easy being married to a mental patient.  It takes a lot of patience. I hope that her medicine works.  That would be a true blessing.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up 11 a.m. and turned on my laptop.  America is currently being assailed by mutated lice.  The regular medicine no longer kills the tiny vermin. So now the drug companies are fast at work finding a solution to the problem.  Mutant lice.  Just one more thing to worry about.  The pain never ends.

I read the paper later in the day.  North and South Korea are shelling each other across the DMZ.  The south is angry about a recent landmine incident.  These flare-ups are common.  Yet I never seem to worry about an actual war.  On the bright side, northern aggression could solve my Dragon Lady problem.  One can always dream.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Atom Heart Mother by Pink Floyd.  God bless. 

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like very positive news to me. I google thread and mental health and it does seem to account for increased emotion, depression and general lack of patience etc. Hope this is the answer for your sake.


    James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, James. I hope so, too.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. Hey Mr. Smith,
    Let's hope that the meds can do their thing.

    When I travel to California, I can get Soju in the liquor stores, and let's just say that after 3 bottles or so total, I haven't acquired a taste for it yet.

    Hats off to you for hanging in there. A lot of white guys living in Asia with Asian wife and children would have bailed if they were in your situation.

    The Trump phenomenon is fun while it's lasting. Both political parties and the media are falling all over themselves trying to discredit him

    Thanks for your blog posts,
    Steve in Topeka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Steve. Soju sucks. But it gets the job done. I get it for a dollar a bottle.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  3. I would presume you are also canceling her credit card? You know, "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..."? By the way, for a truly unhealthful but delicious french fry, roll them bad boys in that hot pan of bacon grease to toast 'em up. Your tastebuds will hear the Gates of Heaven swinging open, I shit you not.
    Peace,
    Theo

    Also: Blunt Talk with Patrict Stewart debuts tonight here stateside. I cannot wait to see Jean-Luc play a psycho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blunt Talk with Patrick Stewart. I can't seem to find it. But I'll keep looking.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  4. If you don't have enough to waste your time on, there's Imgur. Here is a post on Imgur that links to being able to watch the first 2 episodes online. Imgur and 9gag are the two websites I go to to keep up with the younger demographic. Us OFs tend to forget that the "kids these days" have a different take on the world than we do. Their cartoons began on TV in the 1990s. My date back to the replay of the ones from the 1930s & 40s in the 60s. They don't have the same "cold war" mentality us OFs do. It's both distressing and refreshing, (though seldom at the same time), to see their perspective. Anyway, here's the link to the Imgur page with the Blunttalk show links. Enjoy!

    http://imgur.com/gallery/QyCAM

    Peace,
    Theo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely check out the show. I'm always on the search for new things to watch.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  5. Hi Smith,

    If possible stop all the pills and find a way to produce your own vegetable, and reduce meat for better quality. More your press on the body, more it press back, give it some time and it will come back, hopefully.

    Pray that we never have a see world with a multibillionnaire-president.

    Wish you all the best,

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. Living healthy is hard for me. I'm a real lard-ass.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.