Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sunday

(Christian Taylor killed by police.)

Yesterday, I made fried chicken for dinner.  I cooked the poultry in two pans.  It came out nice.  But I didn't use batter.  I don't have any flour at home.  Nevertheless, my eldest son enjoyed the meal. He cleaned his plate joyfully.  I washed the vittles down with a large plastic bottle of Cass beer.  Maybe I'm drinking too much.  I'm currently experiencing heartburn.

I watched the latest episode of Hannibal.  The show is absolutely brilliant.  Francis finds a new girlfriend.  She's black and as blind as a bat.  The poor girl engages in sex with the psycho.  Of course, Francis has know idea how to react.  He's a virgin who believes he's disfigured, even though he's the most handsome man in the state of Maryland.  He goes to a museum and literally eats William Blake's Red Dragon painting in an attempt to escape from the voices.  I'm going to miss Hannibal.  Taking it off the air is tragic for a shut-in like me.  Oh well.  What's a boy to do?

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty nihilist.  I asked Jesus for wisdom.  The exorcist is coming on Tuesday.  He's a pastor, and he wants me to patch things up with the Dragon Lady. But I have several conditions.  First, my wife must agree to see a psychiatrist.  Will this happen?  I think so. My faith remains strong. Only an idiot would bet against the savior.

I went to bed at 11 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 7 a.m. and turned on my laptop.  A young African American named Christian Taylor was shot and killed by police in Texas.  Christian entered a car dealership illegally and was jumping up and down on the hood of an automobile when confronted by two local cops.  They asked him to surrender.  He refused.  Mr. Taylor was subsequently shot several times. He died at the scene.  What is it with black people? Why do they always refuse to listen to law enforcement?  I just don't get it.

I read the paper later in the day.  A hooker in Seoul was given a 30-year prison term for killing one of her customers.  She lured the man to a motel room for sex.  Then she stabbed him forty times. After that, she dismembered his body with an electric saw.  She buried the body parts in a rice field.  The next day, she used her victim's credit card to buy jewelry.  If I were the king, I'd have her burned at the stake.  But what do I know?

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Hey You by Pink Floyd.  God bless.

10 comments:

  1. I was in church today and started to think about you. My major thought that was in my mind, call it a revelation call it my idea, BUT I really felt that there is a big spiritual element to this with your wife. I would argue it's not a psychiatrist but more a healing ministry of some kind, I imagine there are a lot. If you can see this as a spiritual battle more than a logical one it might be the best approach. The enemy is planting discord in your home. The best thing I can suggest is you get your wife into a relationship with God and some mature believers around her that can tackle the issues from a spiritual angle.

    James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I find that people fall into "types". If you read up on borderline personality disorder or narcissistic personality disorder, you would get a clearer idea of what it's like to live with my wife. She displays very similar behavior to all the others who are cursed with these maladies. There must be a genetic component.

      Cheers.

      Delete
    2. Possibly. I actually become a believer while doing a mental health BA, I was gonna be Hannibal.I just found I either believer this stuff that jesus went around literally pushing demons out of people or I believe the secular view. The final straw was when we were learning about Schizophrenia and the entire class laughed there ass off when someone said some people used to think it was from demons in medieval times. I had a friend, perfectly sane go from sane to hearing voices after some failures in his life. Sorry but no snapse in your brain makes people hear voices to hurt themselves and hurt others which is always what the voices do. Even when we feel depressed its low grade spiritual attack IMO. My world view says unless its an organic destruction of parts of the brain almost all mental health is spiritual in origins. I have a friend who works in this area and he is convinced if 90% of people with mental health forgave everyone including God would walk out of his hospital. Yeah we see certain demonic work coming out in certain ways but I'm convinced jesus would lay his hand on 99% of 'personality' disorders sufferers and it would be all over as quick as he can say 'demons out'. Anyway thats my world view on the situation.

      james

      Delete
    3. It's weird. I believe in evil. But I also believe in mental illness. An illness doesn't excuse criminal behavior. There are lots of ill people who are nice.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. If you need any contacts about organisations that do the kind of deeper stuff my wife can give you contacts, she said there are lots of places in Korea. I know nothing but I personally doubt the ability of western pastors in Korea to really know God on more mature levels, not saying it's impossible just all my experience in Korea with English services have made me think it.

    don't feel you need to post these two comments, pray everything goes well.

    James

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're in an unenviable position, to say the least. Your wife is stone cold crazy, and there is no excuse for her outrageous behavior, but she is the mother of your children. You're also a foreigner in a foreign land, presumably without family other than your offspring, while your wife enjoys all the advantages of being a native Korean with extended family support.

    How does being a Caucasian help or hinder you in Korean culture? I would think that Koreans look askance at those different from them (as I guess all races do), but I can't help but think this is a strike against you. The locals will favor one of their own kind, no matter how outlandish her behavior.

    I would resist the urge to reconcile, and stay separated from her. Even if she goes to a psychiatrist, she'll either be on meds with unpredictable side effects or blame you for having to go to a shrink in the first place. I know you want what's best for the kids, but you deserve peace of mind, which may be the best for all concerned.

    Keep the faith, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a white guy doesn't hurt too badly. But the locals are always going to favor their own kind. I try not to take it all too seriously. Like you said, I got to keep the faith.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  4. I laughed so hard i cried - thanks for being so REAL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You're words are very kind.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.