Sunday, August 16, 2015

Sunday

(History is coming alive.)

Yesterday, I prepared pork and French fries for dinner.  The fries were made completely from scratch.  The meal was delicious.  My eldest son James-uh raved about the flavor.  He ate every morsel on his plate.  I washed the vittles down with a bottle of soju.  The experience was heavenly.

I watched the latest episode of Hannibal.  The doctor reaches out to Francis in a bid to stay relevant in the public eye.  He asks Francis to murder Will's wife and step-son.  The psychotic readily takes a shine to the gruesome task.  But Will's wife is a resourceful woman. She manages to save herself and her boy.  The end.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty pagan.  I asked Jesus to help the Dragon Lady.  At this moment, she's high on rage. And the Korean family provides no help.  They merely enable her outrageous behavior. But what goes up must come down.  I hope she manages to land on her feet rather than pulling a crash and burn.

I went to bed at 11 p.m.  I had a strange dream.  I was at a friend's house.  His wife was there, too.  I asked them many questions.  But they paid no attention.  Instead, they kept slurping soup from their bowls.  I left the house crestfallen.  

I woke up at 7 a.m. and turned on my laptop.  A car bomb exploded in Baghdad.  Thirteen people were killed.  ISIS is taking credit for the deadly blast.  Muslims are by far the craziest bastards on the planet.  They won't be happy until they butcher us all.  ISIS needs to be eradicated.  The group poses an existential threat to our species.

I read the paper later in the day.  Victims of the black death were found in London.  Their bones were discovered in a pit underneath the Liverpool subway stop.  Scientists will investigate the remains of these unfortunate victims.  For some strange reason, I find this news exciting.  History is about to come alive.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Tennessee Whiskey by George Jones.  God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Good onya for making fries from scratch. The batches I've done like that in the Air Fryer have been merely OK, but I wasn't using the best kind of potato for it. Idahos are supreme for that because they have the right starch/wax content. Potatoes here have different variety names than they do in the U.S., so it's hard to work out what type to buy. For future batches of chips, I'm going to use the pre-cut frozen ones from grocery stores, because they're "cheap as chips" as the Anglo phrase goes. I'm looking forward to trying some sweet potato fries made by hand, though. I love those things when I have them at restaurants, as long as they're cooked right. You're a Southern boy, Mr. Smith. You'd probably like 'em too.

    As for the D.L.'s rage, what are the chances she'll burn her family out? Most of the mentally ill who wind up on our ward have immolated all their options. No one can stand them any more, and they're incapable of holding a job because they're unpleasant to be around/can't follow directions. They hit bottom, do something that brings them to the attention of the medical system (such as a pill overdoes followed by a call to the Suicide Hotline) and we try to put them back together. Will the D.L. turn her rage on the people who are sheltering her?

    Probably not immediately, though. Borderlines are good at "splitting," choosing who's their enemy and who their (temporary) friends are to work against that enemy. The thought-disordered mentally ill, whose brains are so dysfunctional that they can't keep it together enough to manipulate anyone else, alienate everyone. Schemers such as narcissists and borderlines are better at the game. I reckon the D.L. will have at least three years after a full split-up with you before she turns on her kin. At the moment, she has you and James to be a target of her inner turmoil, so the family is out of the "ire-ing" line.

    You must have contemplated "why" does she have the rage. Does she resent that she's not as wealthy as her sister? I think you mentioned in some past blogging effort that others in the family were richer. Does she hate James because he was the child who bound her life to yours, crushing her (probably unattainable) dreams of living the Gangnam life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife is just a tad nuts. Right now, she's a bit high on rage. But eventually she'll come down.

      Cheers.

      Delete
    2. ~"ISIS needs to be eradicated. The group poses an existential threat to our species."~

      Nope, the problem isn't ISIS, it's Islam. The fact that the Wahabis are crazier than normal loons doesn't help, but truly it's all of Islam. Mohammad was one disturbed dude. Sadly, he's the epitome of how Muslims should behave. Arab culture was pretty peaceful before Islam. Mostly from Hanif influences. Google "prophetofdoom". Excellent read on who old Mo was and what the god in his head told him to do/say. Sounded to me like situational theology, but meh, I'm just a plebian troglodite.
      Peace,
      Theo

      Delete
    3. Trust me. You're preaching to the choir. I have no use for Islam.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.