Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sunday

(Bellator isn't as fun as the UFC.)

Yesterday, I prepared fried chicken for dinner.  It's not my specialty. Sometimes, the meat comes out all pinkish.  But I did a good job for a change. The meal was perfection.  My son raved about the flavor.  I washed the vittles down with two bottles of Jinro soju. I got pretty shitfaced.

I watched Bellator MMA.  Bellator isn't nearly as good as the UFC. Nevertheless, the organization does occasionally put together a good fight card.  A blond-headed guy with a beard beat the shit out a wrestler from Ohio.  Blondie devoted the bout to the Pygmies suffering in Chad.  He calls them his family.  Trust me.  Being a Pygmy in Chad sucks royal ass.  Those people suffer terribly at the hands of their oppressors.  The guy definitely has my respect.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty nihilist.  My life is slowly returning to a new normal.  And I'm doing my best to savor each day given to me.  I'm almost fifty.  I don't have many years left. Might as well enjoy them while I can.

I went to bed at 11 p.m.  I had a strange dream.  A dentist told me that he needed to take out a rotten tooth.  He showed me the needle he wished to use in order to deaden the pain.  I told him to go ahead and get it over with.  But he just kept talking and talking and talking.

I woke up at 8 a.m. and turned on my laptop.  A woman in New York killed her new born baby girl.  Then she slept with the corpse for over three months.  A neighbor saw the body while visiting and called the police.  The cops on the scene were pretty shaken up. They've been offered psychiatric help.  If I were king of the world, I would burn this woman alive at the stake.  But what do I know?

I read the paper later in the day.  A Korean man was sentenced to die for murdering his girlfriend's parents with a knife.  When the poor woman returned home, he raped her.  She jumped out of her apartment window in order to end her misery.  Now she's permanently injured from the fall.  Capital punishment on the peninsula is purely symbolic.  The state hasn't greased anybody since 1998.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's I Talk to the Wind by King Crimson.  God bless.

12 comments:

  1. James, I erased your comment by accident. But I share your enthusiasm for bird and beer in the summer. And I also love pork and soju in the winter. Thanks for the kind words about the Dragon Lady.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I saw "Bellator" I thought it said "Fellator" as in "someone who fellates" i.e. gives blow jobs. Which would be pretty damn gay if it was one of these male fighters doing it. I think it IS a bit homo-erotic, in an S&M way, to watch two scantily-clothed guys get so physical with each other. Just think how many kinky queers share your viewing pleasure, Mifter Smif!

    Your dream so clearly represents the marriage counselexorcist telling you to yank the rotten tooth who is your wife, Smitto. Does he keep on talking about it, or is it subconsciously YOU who yammers and dithers about what to do? Sometimes the allusions our deep brain sends us in dreams are not cut-and-dried linear imagery.

    FLB, and may he endure painful dentistry with no anaesthetic in Hell. If only it existed. For him, at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'm a homo. But I do love MMA.

      Cheers.

      Delete
    2. Not sayin' you're gay, Mr. Smith. But has it ever occurred to you that you're like one of the middle-class Romans during the era of the Emperors? You luvs you some gladiatorial games, and you adhere to your society's established form of religion, which in this case is Christianity instead of paganism. But I think you woulda fit in fine as a "factor" (overseas Roman grain trader) in the waning days of the Imperium.

      All hail Blankfein!

      Delete
    3. Nobody really gets badly hurt in MMA. The fights don't usually last that long. And the sport is very entertaining. It's a guilty pleasure.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  3. What a meaningless ramble of empty 'look at me'.
    Get a hobby, a dog, anything. You belong with the Millenial generation as you put out your daily routine and equally meaningless dreams as if there is a lesson there for the rest of us. And to think you link this from ZH, where intellect is stimulated. This particular link on ZH suggests that I, as a caucasian, was 'created in a lab'.
    Fuck you, you offer nothing. Nothing intelligent, nothing to provoke thought, nothing of any value. Go write about your Cheerios breakfast and the dream of a lab created white dude kicking the shit out of your dillusional, self absorbed head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by.

      Cheers.

      Delete
    2. Funny how angry unhappy people tend to vent off at unknown strangers with no reason at all but to gain some confidence.

      For me things like "Being a Pygmy in Chad sucks royal ass." keep me coming back Smith ;)

      Delete
    3. Quite the typical angry frothing ZH reader there, Mr. Smith. I wonder how many of them develop pancreatitis or some sort of liver cancer because they're so full of bile? If you put one of them in a sealed room with your wife, it would explode from the contained force of all that rage.

      FLB!

      Delete
    4. Thanks to both of you for the kind words.

      FLB and Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.