Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Tuesday

(Ronda Rousey is a beast.)

Yesterday, I took my eldest son James-uh to a restaurant.  We ate fifteen dollars worth of fried chicken.  I washed the vittles down with a pitcher of Cass beer.  Cass is now my favorite brand.  It's quite delicious.  My boy and I talked about girls.  He likes a young child called Jane.  Unfortunately, Jane doesn't know he exists.  But that's OK. I'm just glad he's not a homosexual.

I'm not going to tell you a bunch of bullshit.  The Dragon Lady kicked us both out again.  She threw peaches at my head.  Then she hit me with various picture frames.  After that, she tried to stab me with a fork.  The police came.  I was almost arrested for domestic abuse.  Thank Jehovah for The Children of the Rice.  They told the authorities my side of the story.  What a blessing.  No prison time for poor old Smith.

I watched the UFC.  It's my favorite vice.  I love all the blood. Ronda Rousey won again.  This woman has never lost a match. She's truly a beast.  But she could learn some lessons in violence from The Dragon Lady.  I truly believe that my wife could take Ronda in a fight.  No kidding.  She has man-strength and thick hands.  Trust me.  I'm a former varsity wrestler.  I used to be a bad-ass.  I'm just too old to fight these days.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some misguided nihilist.  I thanked Jesus for all my blessings.  My marriage is a shambles.  But I'm cool with it.  My faith in Christ never wavers.  His power's truly magnificent.  I count him as both my boss and a dear friend.  I couldn't ask for a better benefactor.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 7 a.m. and turned on my laptop.  Pakistan hanged a young man named Hussein for murdering a child. Amnesty International is outraged.  They claim Hussein confessed to the crime because of torture.  I go back and forth on the death penalty.  Some days I'm for it.  Other days I'm against it.  It's a thorny issue.

I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  Many young students in Korea are being sexually harassed by their teachers. The authorities have promised to crackdown on this outrageous behavior.  I guess that's good.  I just hope the innocent don't get caught up in the governmental dragnet.  

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Epitaph by King Crimson.  God bless.

8 comments:

  1. Hey Mr. Smith,

    Sounds like you did all you could about saving your marriage and finally it's time to stick a fork in it (pun intended). Your primary responsibility is to raise your sons - as you know of course - and they will be better off IMHO.

    And you sure seemed to enjoy your brief time recently without the lunacy, so it's got to be better for your health too.

    I'm with you and read all of your blog entries.

    Steve in Topeka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Smith, keep em coming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, brother.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  3. Holy shit, do you mean the Dragon Lady could only last a couple of days before she went bonkers again? That's a special kind of crazy you need to be done with. All the best for you and your sons; you're all going to need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind wishes.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  4. I'm saddened to hear about the D.L.'s outrageous behaviour, Mr. Smith. It's just "not on" (as they say here) to throw things, hit people with objects and use weapons against them. Grown-ups should not do that.

    One of the things I cite to unruly mental patients is that book "All I Need to Know, I Learned in Kindergarten." One of the first things you get taught in pre-school is "No hitting!" Even the out-of-control nutballs on the psych wards glom that eventually. Often it takes a couple of jabs with syringes full of powerful psychotropic medication to cool their jets enough to accept reality, though. I hope the D.L. gets the injections she needs.

    I'm not sure whether you had any role in provoking the antagonism. Probably not. You come across as painfully honest to a self-shaming fault. I imagine that if you were doing much to cause the D.L.'s ire, aside from being the typical chore-neglecting, beer-drinking overweight husband, you would have blogged about it in cringe-worthy detail.

    I have been married to surly women who went out of control in their own ways, even though my faults were minor. (No infidelity, violence, problematical substance abuse, financial irresponsibility etc. from Bukko, nosiree!) Women are not always the gentle, nurturing angles they imagine their gender to be. One cannot change a person who is dead-set in maintaining their ways. Narcissism is a bitch, and bitches are narcissists, as you have noted.

    I hope your boys aren't too emotionally scarred from the turmoil. My military dad was a violent SOB when he decided discipline was necessary, and there was always screaming discord at home when I was growing up. It turned me into the aloof, cynical person I am. (Although at work and in social life, people consider me to be charming in a droll, mildly sarcastic way.) When kids are raised in tension, it warps them in ways that are not apparent until decades later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spend a lot of time worrying about my kids. The exorcist is coming again next Tuesday. But maybe it's best to let this union die.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.