Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Wednesday

(Ted Cruz is courting the evangelical vote.)

Yesterday, I prepared pork and French fries for dinner.  The fries were made from scratch.  The meal was delicious.  My eldest son ate every morsel on his plate.  I washed the vittles down with a bottle of Jinro soju.  Soju's disgusting.  But it's cheap and gets the job done.

I watched Fear the Walking Dead.  The show starts with a junkie waking up from a heroin binge.  He's in a creepy old church.  The ground's covered with human blood and body parts.  He catches his girlfriend chewing the face off a corpse.  There's a butcher knife hanging out her chest.  Cool stuff.  Zombies are like bacon. They make everything better.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty pagan.  I asked Jesus to bring peace to my life.  Living with the Dragon Lady all these years has given me post-traumatic stress syndrome.  No shit. I'm a bundle of nerves.  Maybe I should become a crackhead. Would that help?  I don't know.

I went to bed.  I had a strange dream about my favorite author Kurt Vonnegut.  He caught deadly pneumonia after falling off a ladder. Kurt was in his eighties.  Old men can't handle accidents.  Anyway, he appeared to me in a vision.  I asked him if he wrote The Gulag Archipelago.  He simply laughed and walked away.  I felt empty.

I woke up at 6 a.m. and turned on my laptop.  Ted Cruz has decided to kiss evangelical ass.  It's a smart play.  Ted's against abortion, gay marriage, and funding Planned Parenthood.  So am I...although I often give the fags, lesbos, and lady-boys a pass. Lots of evangelicals side with Cruz on these issues.  And we account for 25 percent of the republican base.

I read the paper later in the day.  The UFC's coming to Seoul in November.  I'd love to go, but I'm a broke dead dick.  The fight card's wonderful. It'll be a first-class event.  Sadly, I won't be there. But I'm more of a home-body anyway.  So are my children.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Whip It Good by Devo.  God bless.

2 comments:

  1. "Old men can't handle accidents." - sentences like those is why I read your blog Smith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my friend. The kind words are appreciated.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.