Friday, September 11, 2015

Friday

(Soju is tasting better and better.)

Yesterday, I prepared fried chicken for dinner.  The bird came out all crisp and salty and delicious.  I'm a huge fan of poultry.  It's both cheap and tasty.  My sons raved about the meal.  They ate every last morsel on their plates.  I washed the vittles down with two bottles of Jinro soju.  I'm starting to enjoy the flavor of soju more and more with each passing day.

I didn't watch television.  I read a book instead.  I polished off the final chapter of The Shining.  I've read the novel a million times.  But it's one of my favorites.  Desperation can lead men straight down an evil path.  Jack Torrence has run out of chances.  His failure at the hotel leads to bloodshed.  I appreciate King's early novels.  He stayed out of politics and focused on things that go bump in the night.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big deal.  I'm not some dirty nihilist.  I asked Jesus to protect my friend's child.  The poor boy's suffering from pneumonia.  Pneumonia is actually one of the biggest killers on the globe.  The disease claims many lives each year.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m. and turned on my laptop.  There was a gruesome crime scene in an affluent neighborhood in Minnesota.  An entire family was slaughtered by their crazed father.  He ran a nursing website.  The lunatic killed himself after performing the ghastly deed.  Perhaps he had money problems.  Some people just aren't good at handling stress.

I read the paper later in the day.  The peninsula has a huge suicide rate among the nation's teenage population.  These poor kiddies are pushed and pushed by their tiger mothers until they eventually snap.  Some choose to throw themselves out of windows.  Psychiatrists now believe that there's a link between lack of sleep and self-destructive behavior.  No shit, Sherlock.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Iron Maiden.  God bless. 

10 comments:

  1. What was the website of the murderous nursing failure? Was it AllNurses.com? I can't be arsed to look, because I'm exposed to enough murder news without seeking it from the other side of the ocean.

    Back when I first started yakking about politics online, the current events threads on AllNurses used to be one of the places I'd do it. I got banned from there when, during the outpouring of pious sympathy when Ronnie Ray-gun's senile brain went lights out for good, I pissed on the coffin. People were gushing about how he was sure to go to heaven, and I opined that he'd have to get past the ghosts of half a million Central Americans who got slaughtered during the wars Ronnie started. That rubbed some folks the wrong way, including the right-wing, pro-Iraq Attaq guy who ran the site. I'm not blithe about banishment like you, Mr. King's Whore et. al. The webmaster was living in Indiana then, but maybe he moved to Minn. to get away from whatever banktrumpcy he had.

    If it was him, I don't even feel sorry for his wife and kids. She married the mofo so she deserves it. And good on him for eliminating his spavined genes from the Darwin pool. Erase all traces of yourself from humanity, shitheel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know who it was. But you sound as if you've been drinking. Have you been dipping into the soju?

      Cheers.

      Delete
    2. It was more the smoking than drinking. Herb encourages me to write flights of fantasy; unleashes the Id in my fingers. Although after work that day I did buy a bottle of Havana Club rum (AU $37 for 700 mls, an outrageous price, although at least it's 40% alcohol, which is better than the typical Aussie spirit strength of 37.5%) It was to refill my house-brand rum decanter. My hard liquor collection is up to 30 bottles now, all but one of them (an Aldi-brand Irish Cream liqueur knock-off) being 90% full. I don't drink much alcohol because it only makes me sleepy. My Midas instincts make me stockpile it the way I do with emergency food and precious metals, though.

      What makes me aggro enough to write anti-social bollocks like that is hanging around with crazy people. I focus so much on their behaviour, as I'm trying to control it, that it tends to normalise aggression in my mind. If I hung around more nice people, instead of angry misfits, I wouldn't be such a steaming pile of hatred.

      Delete
    3. I wouldn't call you a steaming pile of hatred. Sometimes, that bile just has to come out.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. Smith
    Your right Kings earlier work is much better. Keep up the good work
    Best regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill. Kings early stuff was very entertaining.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  3. Is soju the same as sake (rice wine)? I though I've drank everything but never heard of that. best, Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soju is actually the most popular drink in the world. It tastes like sweet vodka. But it's only 36 proof.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.