Friday, September 18, 2015

Friday

(The thug-life isn't for me.)

Yesterday, I made fried chicken for dinner.  It came out all crisp and salty and delicious.  However, I dipped the poultry in a sauce so spicy that it burnt my tongue.  I'm literally suffering from blisters inside of my mouth.  And they hurt like hell.  I washed the meal down with a bottle of Jinro Soju.  The whole experience was quite painful.

I didn't watch television.  I listened to music instead.  The Wall might be my all-time favorite album.  Pink Floyd with Roger Waters is the greatest band that ever formed.  I shook my man-tits and flabby ass to Mother, Comfortably Numb, and Hey You.  For a moment, I thought I was cool.  Then the truth hit me like a sack of bricks.  I'm old and obese.  Plus my teeth are slowly rotting away.  Oh well.  What's a boy to do?

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty pagan.  I thanked Jesus for my blessings.  I have two healthy sons and a warm place to sleep.  Everything else is just gravy.

I went to bed at eight p.m.  I had a strange dream.  I was using a portable toilet back at my old high school.  Suddenly, a gang of black teenagers tried tipping the structure over.  The rocking back and forth was so violent that I pissed on my trousers.  I'm afraid of African-American men.  When I see them walking down the street, I run with fear.  The thug-life just isn't for me.

I woke up at 6 a.m. and turned on my laptop computer.  A woman in Wisconsin murdered her three young children.  She shot them up with tranquilizers, and then she smothered them with blankets.  The deranged killer attempted suicide by stabbing herself several times with a knife.  Unfortunately, she's still alive.  If I were king of the world, I'd throw this witch off a cliff.  But who died and made me boss?

I read the paper later in the day.  A Korean man in Seoul kidnapped a woman in a department store parking lot.  He stabbed her several times.  After that, he placed her corpse in the trunk of the car and lit the automobile on fire.  He will probably spend the rest of his life in prison.  The peninsula has the death penalty, but it's mainly symbolic.  There hasn't been an actual execution since 1997.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's I Love My Shirt by Donovan.  God bless.

4 comments:

  1. It seems weird to me that S. Korea doesn't actually carry out executions of these perps on death row. Koreans I've met in Seattle always seem to have a slightly ruthless side to them, like it would be no big deal to off some evil-doer and not even blink. Like you, I'm a bit conflicted about applying the death penalty, but, some of the crimes you've mentioned are so sickening, and what with Koreans having a sort of ruthless side to them, it is a bit strange to me that executions for these evil-doers aren't being carried out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The death penalty on the ROK is purely symbolic. They haven't used it in ages.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. Hey Smith,
    Wanted you to know that I pray for you and the Dragon Lady frequently.
    I pray that God will restore your marriage.
    Peace brother!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.