Monday, September 7, 2015

Monday

(Demetrious Johnson retains his title.)

Yesterday, I made fried chicken for dinner.  It turned out all crisp and salty and delicious.  I eat a lot of poultry.  Bird is both cheap and delicious.  My eldest boy enjoyed the meal.  He ate every morsel on his plate.  I washed the vittles down with a single bottle of Jinro soju. I'm trying to cut back on my alcohol intake.

I watched the UFC.  The main fight on the card featured Demetrious Johnson defending his title against John Dodson.  The match wasn't competitive.  Johnson was much too fast for his foe.  He peppered Dodson with kicks and punches for the duration of the five rounds to win a unanimous decision. Jon Jones is easily the best pound for pound fighter in the world.  But Demetrious could very well be number two.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty misanthrope. I asked Jesus to look after the refugees.  That kid's body on the beach really broke my heart.  I can't imagine what his parents are going through. On the other hand, accepting boatloads of Muslims into one's country could certainly change the culture for the worse.  It's a tough issue.  God's will be done.

I went to bed at 10 p.m. I dreamed about going on a date with a girl named Elaine.  She had short blonde hair and appeared rather butch.  The date didn't go well. She walked out on me.  Then I met the actress Maria Alonzo while walking across a railroad track.  She treated me as if I were a prince.

I woke up at 6 a.m. and turned on my laptop. Police found the remains of an infant in Chicago.  The child's left foot floated to the surface of a lagoon in Garfield Park. The powers-that-be soon found a pair of small hands and a decapitated head.  The remains are so badly decomposed that the kid's true identity may never be learned. We live in a world broken by sin.

I read the paper later in the day.  A Korean woman wrote an editorial about Americans.  She said we're friendly but that we don't make good friends.  She seems to think we're a shallow lot.  I disagree.  Americans rock.  By contrast, Koreans are generally miserable.  In fact, the peninsula has the highest suicide rate in the OECD. 

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Punch the Clock by Elvis Costello.  God bless.     

4 comments:

  1. we kill literally hundreds of thousands of children with our bombs. Where is the media crying over over the little boy trapped under tons of concrete crying for his mother as he slowly dies of thirst? Americans don't care. Only a well dressed boy with perfect hair washing up on the beach (did you see the people swimming in the background?). Uh-huh. You've been chumped. In the meanwhile, Russia is moving troops into Syria today and England and France say they are going to start air-strikes in retaliation for the poor little drowned boy. Just a false flag to start WW3. Oh yeah, and 85% of the starving refuges are men between the age of 16 and 26, primed for war. Interesting times we live in, indeed. best, Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right. But the sight of that poor dead kid transcends politics. It really tugs at my heart.

      Delete
  2. as it was designed to do. But it looks like Germany is having second thoughts now about being so altruistic. best, Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't want to send them back to get slaughtered. They have to go somewhere. It's a tough deal.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.