Monday, September 28, 2015

Monday

 (Josh Barnett gets a victory in Japan.) 

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady brought a pizza to my hospital room.  She charged me eighty dollars for the service.  Everything she does costs me money.  Nevertheless, the vittles tasted wonderful.  I'm getting by on one meal a day.  I desperately needed the nutrition. The woman hates me with a passion.

I browsed the internet for mail order brides.  There are a couple of twenty-year-old girls from Vietnam who are capturing my interest.  I'm still a man with a lot of love to offer.  I have no plans to roll over and die. Perhaps taking a young spouse would be good for my soul.  It's better than constantly getting kicked in the nuts.

I watched the UFC.  The main event was quite satisfying.  Josh Barnett and Roy Nelson beat the hell out of each other for twenty-five minutes.  However, Barnett was the busier man by far.  At the end of the fight, both were so tired that they could barely stand.  Josh won a unanimous decision.  I never grow bored with  mixed martial arts.  The violence is quite thrilling.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy atheist.  I asked Jesus to restore me.  I'm a bit down on my luck.  But bouncing back is my specialty.  I can't be bothered with morbid self-reflection.

I went to bed at 2 a.m.  Sleeping on a strange mattress is for the birds. Plus two of my roomies are oldsters who keep the room hotter than a tropical aquarium.  To make matters worse, they fart and snore 24 hours a day.

I woke up at 7 a.m. and turned on my laptop.  The Pope came to America and visited with the victims of priestly sexual abuse.  I like Francis.  His predecessor tried to sweep all that shit under the carpet. Secrecy never works.  It's better to bring unpleasantness to the surface.  That way you can deal with it promptly.

I read the paper later in the day.  A man in Seoul threw acid in his girlfriend's face.  He was angry because she planned to break up with him.  The victim's face is covered in second-degree burns.  She's very lucky.  The doctors expect her scars to heal.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Don't Stop Believing by Journey.  God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Smith old mate, time to give yourself an uppercut. I have a medical backed prescription for your ills. Cellulitis is caused by obesity. Get your fat arse off the couch and go for a walk. The next day go for a longer walk. Repeat. Sever all contact with the dragon lady now. Your bullshit 'she's the mother of my children, she's mentally ill' line is just beta soft cock self-justification for your inability to do what needs doing. Man up, get that 20 year old from Vietnam, and get on with it. Oh yeah, and try not to die, your scribble amuses me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I caught the disease while trying to walk 100 kilometers. I managed to walk 90. Then the infection shut me down. I'm still in good shape--for an old geezer.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. Glad you're getting better. Can we get a picture of the dragon lady?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well-wishes. I'm feeling much better.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.