Saturday, September 5, 2015

Saturday

(Tom Brady's a cheater.)

Yesterday, I took my eldest son to a restaurant.  We ate fifteen dollars worth of friend chicken.  The poor kid had a miserable time. He says that I don't eat fast enough.  He's probably right.  I washed the vittles down with a pitcher of Cass beer.  Cass is my favorite brand.  The experience was heavenly.

I watched an episode of Strain.  The program's quite gross.  Little blind spider children are roaming the streets of New York.  They're too fast to be hit by bullets.  Plus they can rip your face off with their giant tongues.  The best way to kill them is to blow their little heads off.  But it's nearly impossible to get them to stand still. Strain is OK.  I've seen worse shows.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty nihilist.  I asked Jesus to help the Dragon Lady.  She literally has no control over her emotions.  One minute she's laughing, and the next she's crying. I rarely call these days. Her hateful shrieking sends chills down my spine.  Poor old Smith is a basket of nerves.

I went to bed at 11 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 10 a.m. and turned on my laptop.  Tom Brady's suspension has been lifted.  The NFL simply didn't present enough evidence to sway the judge.  But let's be honest.  Brady and the entire Patriots organization are low-down cheaters.  They've been caught before.  And mark my words. They'll get caught again.

I read the paper later in the day.  Female sailors in Korea are now allowed to serve on submarines.  The world's moving too fast for my taste. Fags can get married.  Women can become pastors. And even lady-boys can get their own reality shows.  Will the madness never end?

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's My Best Friend's Girlfriend by The Cars.  God bless.

4 comments:

  1. ...

    Smith! I have not seen you around much lately, I hope all is well (or as well as can be expected) for you and yours.

    USA news: a clerk in Kentucky was put in jail a couple of days ago for refusing a marriage license to a gay couple. And yet, they let that Sanchez-Lopez guy (the illegal who was deported FIVE TIMES back to Mexico, oh, and he has a felony rap-sheet too) free to kill the young lady in California (Her name was Kate Steinle. Her name was Kate Steinle).

    Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robert. It's great to hear from you again. I agree. Things are all screwed up. But maybe I'm just old.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. "She literally has no control over her emotions. One minute she's laughing, and the next she's crying."

    Wow, Smith, she sounds like a case of bipolar disorder in a manic phase. Which can be co-existent with hyperthyroidism, BPD, narcissism and other conditions that affect people's behaviour. Sufferers are always not one cut-and-dried diagnosis.

    If she's gotten started on meds to bring down her thyroid hormone levels, the dose could need adjusting. Or she could be having a "paradoxical effect" in which the medicine produces the OPPOSITE reaction of what it's supposed to do. This happens (albeit rarely) with various meds, and there's no way of telling who/when it will occur. I'm no doctor, but my gut feeling for an explanation of why paradoxical reactions strike is because the body senses "There's a foreign substance here that's trying to make my machinery stop doing something that it's doing. Therefore, I must double down on what the foreign substance is trying to stop, and DO IT EVEN HARDER!"

    The thing with bringing James-uh gifts, and then trying to get money from him (had he requested those things, or was the D.L.'s act out of the blue?) sounds like the unhinged logic of a manic mind. As does the extreme emotional lability (changeability.) Has your wife ever been on lithium, valproic acid (Epival, Valproate and other trade names) or similar mood stabilisers? Probably not. From what I've seen in case files of immigrants who presented to psych wards here and when I was in Canada, mental health practice in Korea and China does not roll the same way it does in Anglo countries. Japan's somewhat similar to the Western tradition, and less-advanced countries such as Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia etc. are still where the U.S. was in the 1940s. Who's to say which countries are superior, though? For all the diagnoses and treatments there are in First World countries, there's still a lot of fcuked-up people there.

    For you and James-uh, The Torture Never Stops. (Bizarre 12-minute song from Frank Zappa -- is there anything by Zappa that's NOT bizarre? -- with a lot of medieval imagery like you watch on TV, plus some religion-related lyrics after the long funky jam in the middle.)

    FLB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Zappa song. Korea actually has a great medical system. Well, maybe "great" is too strong a word. The problem is that being a nut-case is socially taboo. Her family would never let her see a psychiatrist.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.