Saturday, September 12, 2015

Saturday

(Rick Perry is out of the race.)

Yesterday, I took my eldest son to a restaurant.  We ate fifteen dollars worth of fried chicken.  The poor kid hates going with me. He thinks that I take to long.  He's probably right.  I washed the vittles down with a pitcher of Cass beer.  Cass is my favorite brand.

I read a book later in the evening.  The tome is called The Lost World of Genesis One.  The author's a hot-shot professor named John H. Walton.  John teaches the Old Testament at Wheaton College. Walton believes that Genesis 1 revolves around functionality rather than materialism.  

In other words, creation occurs when something actually begins to work as opposed to just being there materially. Therefore, the creation story isn't meant to be taken literally as science.  It's a metaphor about a functional relationship being established between the Creator and mankind. The book rocks.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy pagan.  I thanked Jesus for being functional.  He gives me solace in times of trouble.  He restores my faith.  And He makes my life abundant and happy.  A guy couldn't ask for a better boss.

I went to bed at 11 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 7 a.m. and turned on my laptop.  Rick Perry has decided to give up running for president.  That's a smart move.  Perry isn't as dumb as everybody thinks.  It's just that he talks as if he were chewing on a mouthful of shit.  It's hard to take him seriously due to his frequent verbal gaffs.

I read the paper later in the day.  A Korean man in Taiwan was recently taken into custody for snapping upskirt photos while walking behind a Chinese lady.  The crowd screamed bloody murder after his misdeed was discovered.  Luckily, the police showed up before the pervert was beaten to death.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Let 'em In by Paul McCartney.  God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Perry may be smart but in the end he's just another ass#### career politician. Ive said for yeas we need a general clean up of all these dirt bags at national,state, and local level.
    I know I'm deaming we have a greater chance of economic collapse than we do draining the swamp in DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to see Bernie Sanders get in--even though I'm a conservative. He would really shake up the fish tank.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.