Thursday, September 17, 2015

Thursday

(Basic Christianity is a great book.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady came to my apartment.  She cleaned the place from top to bottom.  She's wonderful at keeping things all sanitary and sparkling.  She also prepared lamb for me and the Children of the Rice.  I'm not a huge fan of lamb.  I find the taste too gamy.  But I didn't complain.  I just smiled and ate my vittles.  I'm wonderful that way.

I spent the evening reading a book.  I'm currently enjoying John Stott's Basic Christianity.  This tome is a must for anyone who's feeling a tad empty.  I believe that most pagans sense a void in their lives. Stott gives a step by step account concerning The Savior and his role regarding humanity.  Some of you filthy atheists could benefit from Stott's insights.  Why spend your miserable lives worshipping the golden calf?  Trust me. There's no future in idolatry.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some misguided heathen.  I asked Jesus to watch over my kids.  Bluce has been feeling under the weather.  Not to panic.  He's just suffering from a normal childhood malady.  But these trifling afflictions can soon turn serious.  I spend most of my days paralyzed by fear.  I can't help myself.  A mind is a terrible thing.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m. and turned on my laptop.  A woman in Georgia was sentenced to life in prison for murdering her granddaughter.  The little girl was beaten to death with a blunt object.  The victim was only three-years-old.  I go back and forth over the issue of the death penalty.  Some people are just plain bad.

I read the paper later in the day.  A Chinese man strangled a Korean woman with his bare hands. He left her corpse on the floor of her apartment.  Then he tried to commit suicide by jumping in the ocean.  Unfortunately, he was rescued by some diligent locals.  He will now spend the rest of his life behind bars.  Believe it or not, Korean prisons are very safe. I'd rather go to jail here than in the States. I wouldn't make it in an American penitentiary.  I'd get shanked within a week.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Baby Blue by Bad Finger.  God bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.