Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Wednesday

(I'm not sure if I believe in the death penalty.)

Yesterday, I prepared fried duck for both my sons.  The meat was smothered in hot sauce.  The kids ate every last morsel.  They couldn't stop raving about my talent.  I'm a real Betty Crocker.  I washed the vittles down with two bottles of Jinro soju.  Soju's dirt cheap and gets the job done.

I watched an episode of Mad Men.  I'm currently on season four.  The agency loses the Lucky Strike account, and this leads to more clients jumping ship.  So Don gets his girlfriend to break the law.  She's currently giving him inside information to get more business.  Mad Men is a great show. I love the program.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy nihilist.  I asked Jesus to make the Dragon Lady whole again.  I hate being single.  I need someone to cook and do my laundry.  Plus it's important for children to enjoy a strong family unit.  Divorce sucks. I just hope that her meds can control all that rage.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m. and turned on my laptop.  Missouri executed one of its death-row inmates.  The man in question raped and killed a fifteen-year-old girl.  Then he dumped her body in the trunk of a stolen car.  I'm not sure where I stand on capital punishment.  Some days, I'm for it.  Other times, I'm against it.  I go back and forth.

I read the paper later in the day.  A Korean man was arrested for dragging his dog behind his car for a distance of one kilometer.  He was punishing the poor little beast for running away.  Most Koreans have little regard for animals.  They still cook puppies for their evening meal.  No kidding.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Had a Dream by Roger Hodgson.  God bless.

6 comments:

  1. Soju "gets the job done"? What's the job, Mr. Smith. Have you noticed that your consumption level and frequency have gone up steadily? Worrisome. Do the boys notice? What's the likelihood that your quantities are going to increase until they do? An incoherent or passed-out pop is not a good role model.

    Is it Graves Disease, hyperthyroidism, that the D.L. has? I had a patient today who had that diagnosis, in addition to being schizo, and looked up the condition to refresh my knowledge about it. Did the D.L. lose a lot of weight and have bulging Marty Feldman eyeballs? If she gets on thyroid-suppressing meds, you could indeed see a better woman emerge from the hormonal storm. If it's mostly BPD narcissism, though, you and the sons are screwed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wonderful thing about soju is that I know my limit. Two bottles. It's impossible for me to drink more than that.

      I'm not sure what's wrong with my wife. She doesn't really talk to me--exept to yell. But she keeps buying me presents and food. Go figure that one out.

      Cheers.

      Delete
    2. The presents and food thing sounds more like insecure borderline personality disorder behaviour -- "Please, love me! I am nothing without your affection!" Which, as you know, can turn in a heartbeat to "You don't love me enough, you bastard! I hate you!" That doesn't rule out hyperthyroidism, BTW. Multiple causes can coexist in someone's psychological presentation. The thyroid thing could serve to aggravate an underlying psychodynamic.

      FWIW, I just finished off half of a 360 ml bottle of soju that had been sitting around in the fridge for a week or so since I had the first half. I got back late from a Green Party presentation on "The End of Coal" and since I'm trying to keep my weight down so I don't have flabby mantits, I decided to make my dinner nothing more than homemade popcorn with butter (pats stolen from hospitals where I work) and Old Bay. (Did you ever put that on crabs or shrimp that you boiled, Mr. Smith?) I'm mildly buzzed from just ~180 ml of that 19% alcohol rotgut. I would not want to drink more, because it tastes like azz and would give me SUCH a sour stomach. That was the last soju I had in the house. I don't know if I'll buy more for the liquor collection, unless I can hook up with a Korean chick. I'm more attracted to them than Japanese women (arrogant, materialistic, too First World) or Chinese (peasants!) I reckon a Vietnamese girl would be the way to go. To hell with narcissistic Caucasian females, and if a whitefella gets involved with a Filipina, there's too much "my cousin in Luzon needs some money" family baggage. A Viet mail order bride in an ao dai would be the way to go.

      Delete
    3. You might be right. She could be a borderline WITH a thyroid issue.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. Yeah I second Bukkos comments. You are drinking too much. WTF i thought you gave it up? 120 isn't bad. sub-Sahara averages 70.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. But it helps to take the edge off.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.