Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Wednesday

(Ahmed Mohamed was arrested in Texas.)

Yesterday, I made fish and rice for dinner.  My eldest son's getting a little tired of chicken, so I decided to change the menu.  I'll be honest.  The meal wasn't very good. I'm the king of poultry.  But my talent with fish just isn't there quite yet.  I need more practice.  I washed the vittles down with two bottles of Jinro soju.  It was a learning experience.

I didn't watch television.  I cooked French fries instead.  The fries were created completely out of scratch.  No store bought trash for me.  I smothered them in ketchup and salt.  They tasted heavenly.  I also snacked on three fried eggs with toast.  I enjoyed dipping the bread into the yoke.  Now that's living.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty pagan.  Jesus is very egocentric.  He tells us that our lives should revolve around him as the earth revolves around the sun.  In other words, he's not a teacher.  He's not claiming to be a teacher.  His nature is divine. And I believe him.  What?  I'm going to argue with The Savior of the world?  I think not.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I had a strange dream.  I was in a train station, and I accidentally ripped some paper on the floor.  A Korean man screamed at me.  I asked him what his problem was? He threatened to beat the shit out of me.  Thankfully, some foreigners started yelling at him, and he ran away.

I woke up at 7 a.m. and turned on my laptop.  A fourteen-year-old Muslim boy named Ahmed Mohamed was arrested in Texas.  He constructed a homemade clock which resembled a bomb.  The police immediately took him away in handcuffs.  The liberal community is up in arms.  But I'm with the cops on this one. If someone named Ahmed is in possession of a suspicious device, then it's probably wise for the powers-that-be to question him.

I read the paper later in the day.  A Korean politician was expelled from his duties.  He's suspected of raping a 41-year-old woman in a hotel room.  There's an ongoing investigation into his guilt or innocence. We live in a broken world.  This kind of stuff happens all the time. For instance, I still believe that Bill Clinton is guilty of rape.  He certainly has loads and loads of sexual problems.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Poker Face by Lady Gaga.  God bless.  

9 comments:

  1. you still use a philips air fryer? I try to make french fries but they end up all greasy and rubbery, I'm not sure they have the ideal potatoes here for them. I never get homesick but i'm tarting to miss some British food like British 'Chips'.

    James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. My wife has the air-fryer. And she's too hateful to give it to me.

      Cheers.

      Delete
    2. So the chips you make from scratch are deep-fried in oil? That's harder to do, messier and takes longer than the Air Fryer. Why not buy another one, if the D.L. is being too much of a See-You-Next-Tuesday to let you have the old one? (Even when you're cooking for two -- or is it just the older one? -- boys.) Of course, it's easier for me to say "Buy another" because I've got Bukk-loads of money. The advantage of being a single man with a good-paying job and thrifty (but not tight-arse) habits.

      James -- try different brands of potatoes! Have you used Idahos? The booklet that came with mine said waxy ones are best. Results vary with the breed of spud, and you have to experiment to find the one that works. BTW, one of the cultural adjustments I had to make here is that all the potato varieties have different names Down Under. And many of them come coated with dirt, even bagged ones at the groceries. I think Aussies consider that a sign of authenticity.

      Smith -- I was going to rip you a new one for your support of the officials who busted that clock-making Muslim kid. But what's the point? It's just too bad that you have an authority-worshipping side, as long as the authorities are clamping down on groups that you don't like. When the fascist coup comes to Amerika, people like you will sit silently in support of the State when it begins killing unpopular minorities. Mexican will be the new Jew. Mainly because there aren't enough Muslims in U.S. society to stir up a good genocide against.

      Delete
    3. She won't give me the air-fryer. But I don't mind cooking them in the pan. I like the grease.

      Sorry that I'm such a bigot. But Islam scares me. Better safe than sorry.

      Cheers.

      Delete
    4. @BB Like Smith I live in Korea, two types of potatoes here, small ones and big ones.

      James

      Delete
  2. My mother lived in Japan after the war, (my grandfather was part of the US occupation army). From there she got the custom of fried eggs over rice. To this day it is one of my primary comfort foods. Three over-easies on a bed of steaming short grain rice with melted butter is heaven to me. I break the yolks into the hot rice and it finishes cooking. Salt and pepper and it's the cat's pajamas.
    Best,
    Theo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I eat rice omlettes every morning. No kidding.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  3. Hey isn't that called omrice with the pepper sauce. Never no how to pronounce it in US Korean resturaunts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what to call it. But I don't prefer the sauce.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.