Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Wednesday

(Deep Purple rocks.)

Yesterday, I prepared fried chicken for dinner.  The bird came out all crisp and salty and delicious.  My children raved about the meal. They ate every last morsel.  Poultry's a big hit in my humble abode.  It's delicious and affordable.  I washed the vittles down with two bottles of Jinro soju.  Soju's dirt cheap and gets the job done.

I didn't watch television.  I listened to Deep Purple instead.  I love the band very much.  I saw the original lineup back in 1985 on their Perfect Strangers tour.  I had to sleep outdoors to get front row tickets.  I was only sixteen back then.  I still had all my teeth.  I'll be dead soon.  I'll probably die of ass cancer.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty misanthrope. American football's starting soon.  I'm a huge fan.  The violence thrills me.  I asked Jesus to protect the players during the season. I have great faith.  With God, anything is possible.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 7 a.m. and turned on my laptop.  A woman in Waco, Texas was pulled over for speeding.  The cops found a shitload of crank in her car.  On the way to jail, the powers-that-be discovered a loaded .22 revolver hidden in her vagina.  We live in a world broken by sin.

I read the paper later in the day.  Korean parents are no longer allowed to hit their children.  Corporal punishment of any sort is now officially a criminal act.  But things won't change.  Koreans have been beating the hell out of their children for five thousand years.  And they aren't about to stop just because the government tells them to.  I don't believe in violence.  It makes people mean and angry.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Highway Star by Deep Purple.  God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.