Monday, October 19, 2015

Monday

(Another mass shooting in America.  This time at a zombie festival.)

Yesterday, I went to church.  The sermon revolved around one of Paul's letters to Timothy.  Much of the epistle is devoted to rules concerning marriage.  I learned that my marriage is pretty bad.  But here's the good news--for me at least.  More than fifty percent of Korean and American marriages end in divorce.  For all my faults, I'm still hanging in there.  Good for me.

I ate lunch at McDonald's.  I had chicken nuggets, a large order of fries, and a large Coke.  The meal was wonderful.  All that starch and sugar sent me straight to the moon.  Poor old Smith is a broke dead dick.  Usually, I have to settle for generic cola.  It was nice to taste the true article.

I watched Korean baseball.  The Doosan Bears challenged the NC Dinos.  The pitcher for the Bears was an American named Dustin Nippert.  He had a marvelous game.  In fact, he didn't allow a single run during the entire nine innings.  Dustin used to pitch for the Arizona Diamondbacks, but things didn't work out.  Now he makes more than a million dollars a year here in the ROK.  That's great money.  The Bears won the game 7-0.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees. No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty atheist. I asked Jesus to look out for my friend's wife.  She's in the hospital having a baby.  The kid's so huge that unfortunate woman is having a C-section.  I just want God to get her through the ordeal.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m. and turned on CNN.  There was a shooting at a zombie convention in Florida.  One man was killed while four others were wounded. America desperately needs free mental health services.  We have a lot of wackos walking around with pistols.  It's time to get these crazy assholes some much needed help.

I read the paper later in the day.  Samsung described the kind of workers they want to hire here in the ROK.  They desire Koreans who can speak English fluently.  They also want their workers to have the ability to network.  My oldest son James-uh would be a perfect fit.  Maybe he can get a job at the company in the future. I can only dream.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Peace Sells by Megadeath.  God bless. 

4 comments:

  1. Where did you get that figure for Korean American divorces, interesting.

    I'm just starting to watch Baseball just for the spectacle of going to something really, saw that Nippert guy against Kia tigers. He didn't allow many runs either, made for a boring game really.


    off the point but I just read Irvin Shiff died, which is sad as he died chained to a bad in prison, that's what you get for fighting the system.

    James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi James. Long time, no see. My pastor gave me that figure.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. Glad too be reading g your blog again smith, lost it for awhile. On the subject of shooting in America , how many of these people are on psychiatric medications? Why doesn't the MSM talk about all the pills being popped? The corporations run this country, a sad state of affairs, hopefully one day the fascists will be removed. I live in Michigan weathers changing , the snooze will be flying soon.

    Broast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nathan. I've been to Michigan. It's freezing in the winter. Keep warm.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.