Monday, October 26, 2015

Monday

(Ben Carson is a Seventh Day Adventist.) 

Yesterday, I prepared steak for dinner.  I bought the meat at Emart. Steak isn't my specialty.  I should probably stick to poultry.  I also ate an apple.  I'm trying to get more fruit into my diet.  I washed the vittles down with several glasses of generic cola.  I'm a broke dead dick, so I can't afford the good stuff.  Oh well.  What's a boy to do?

I watched the UFC.  Joe Duffy is one of my favorites, but his match was cancelled because Joe sustained a slight concussion during training.  I was very disappointed.  However, the health of the fighters should always come first.  I did see Paddy Hoolihan get choked unconscious by Louis Smolka.  That was kind of cool.  So the event wasn't a complete waste of time.
 
I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy pagan.  I thanked Jesus for sending The Advocate.  The Advocate is another name for The Holy Spirit.  He's very powerful.  In fact, he'll kick you right in the nuts.  Bang.

I went to bed at 9 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m. and turned on CNN.  I'm starting to like the network more and more each day.  Donald Trump is making fun of Ben Carson's religion.  Ben's a Seventh Day Adventist.  Trump believes that this denomination caters to loons.  The Donald also claims that the good doctor's a low energy guy. Personally, I want Bernie Sanders to win.  I need free health care--including expensive dental work.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I read the paper later in the day.  The Samsung Lions are hosting the Doosan Bears for the Korean championship later tonight.  However, three of the Lions best pitchers were caught gambling in Macao.  They've been subsequently suspended for the entire series.  The penalty seems harsh.  But what do I know?  As a foreigner, I don't get involved in domestic politics.  I'm not even sure if the ROK is an actual democracy.  The last thing I need is to end up in jail.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Telephone by Lady Gaga.  God bless.

10 comments:

  1. Apropos of nothing, here's a song you might like, Mr. Smith. It's by a British group named The Catherine Wheel (which is a type of Pommy pinwheel sparkler that they'd light on Guy Fawkes Day.)

    They're from the mid-90s, part of the music scene that spawned Oasis. Catherine Wheel was big in the U.K. but not so much in the U.S. The opening riff has that anthemic rock feel like some parts of "The Wall." The theme of "Heal" and some of the lyrics might appeal to the "Maybe I'm just a fag, I don't know" side of you, Smitto.

    I like this YouTube because of the sweeping, flying nature photography. Did you watch that "Winged Migration" movie where an ultralight plane filmed geese and other birds on the wing, Mr. Smith? It's like that. I first saw it when I was pleasantly stoned -- awesome! I wish I had a bigger screen to watch it on than my laptop (coz I don't own a TV.) You might get the same vertiginous thrill if you watch it drunk and maudlin, Mr. Smith. Which I get the feeling you are often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bukko.

      Thanks for the song. But I'm actually back on the wagon. We'll see how long it lasts. I'm even going to start walking again when my foot fully heals.

      Cheers.

      Delete
    2. Congrats about the wagon. I hope you stay on.

      Despite my liquor collection, I don't drink often, because I don't get much accomplished when I do. When I'm at home, two shots of booze in mixed drinks, a pint of beer or a couple glasses of wine will make me feel like laying down for a nap that tends to stretch out to all night.

      I'm more productive when I'm stoned, because cooking, cleaning up around the flat or exercising seems so much more COSMIC when I'm buzzed. All it takes is two puffs and I reach the level where I want to be. I reckon that's less than the lung damage a tobacco smoker would get from one cigarette, even though with weed I like to hold it deep in my lungs for maximum effect. So minimal harm to the body.

      Pot is way more cost-effective than alcohol, too. I've got a friend who's totally straight (as far as herb goes; sexually he's mo-mo-homo) who knows people in the bush that grow weeds. I gave him $220 a while back, which is what he said his pals wanted for an ounce. He brought back a coffee jar packed with the stuff! WAY more than an oz -- close to three. At the slow rate I smoke, I probably have enough stuff to last me for the rest of my life.

      Even if I could only get buzzed 220 times on this jar-full, that would be $1 per high. It's more like 2,000 smokos from this quantity (although it might dry out and lose potency before I burn through it all.) So that's a meagre 10¢ for every time I enjoy myself! I'd recommend pot to you, Mr. Smith, but I realise how ridiculously draconian Asians are with their drug laws.

      Delete
    3. Drugs are definitely a no-go in Asia. But I'm glad they bring you pleasure. It's nice to have something which takes the edge off.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. I watched nothing but CNN when I first came to Korea. I see it as mild brainwashing. I was euphoric when Obama got in around that time, that's how dumbed down I was. Saying that FOx isn't any better, just the other pole. I thought you were a Libertarian?


    James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi James. I'm a social conservative and fiscal liberal. I'm not sure what the makes me. I'm probably stupid.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  3. I have vetted the SDA locally, (when I lived in San Benito County, Ca), because I wouldn't send my kids to public school and I didn't trust the Baptists, (they wanted carte blanche to paddle), and I wouldn't pay the ursury to the Roman Catholics, ($5K a pop per kid just to get in!). So my kids went to the local SDA school for 8 years. It was nothing but great. I have zero complaints and have many SDA friends. Personally. I think the country can use a brain surgeon right about now, especially if he's in an ongoing conversaton with his Creator. Methinks most of us don't do enough of that.

    As far as CNN goes, as a conservative I just can't believe the censorship they engage in. The amount of world news they do not cover because it affronts their world-view is just preposterous. I have also come to hold Fox with some distain, especially since it has come out openly as a GOPe, corporatist propaganda channel. I think that Rupert Murdoch turning it over to his two far-left sons has much to do with the decline.

    These days I limit myself to OANN, (http://www.oann.com/ ), and the local ABC news for the weather. I do not watch any other programming save a little football and now the World Series.Even there I try very hard to overlook the blatant biases. Short of that, I couldn't give a rat's pitoot. Be well, Smith.
    Theo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. An SDA school would be much better than an American public school. The only thing I know about them is that their sabbath is on Saturday rather than Sunday.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  4. Hello again Smith, I personally don't watch any news on tv, it's all spun for maximum propoganda, there is a website I visit called Giza Death Star, a really great website Che k it out Smith I think you will like it, it covers a wide variety Of topics, it's the website of Dr.Joseph Farrel a smart man, hope all is well be safe and healthy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads about Giza Death Star. Entertaining stuff.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.