Saturday, October 10, 2015

Saturday

(Putin's cutting off his nose to spite his face.)

Yesterday, I made pork for dinner.  I also fried three eggs and ate them with toast.  I like to dip my bread in the yolk.  Talk about yummy.  Usually, I'm a cheap bastard.  However, my birthday is right around the corner, so I bought myself ten cans of Guinness at a local supermarket.  I'm a big fan of that dark black happy juice.  The experience was marvelous.

I didn't watch television.  I read a book instead.  I'm currently in the middle of a novel called Emperor: The Gods of War.  It's written by a guy named Conn Iggulden.  I have nothing but high praise for the author's efforts to reenact the turbulence of ancient Rome.  Iggulden starts with Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon.  From there, the tale unwinds at an entertaining jaunty pace.  I plan to buy more of his stuff.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty nihilist.  I asked Jesus to make me healthy again.  Cellulitis is an absolute bitch.  I've been in horrible pain for over two weeks.  Don't get me wrong.  My condition is improving daily.  But I still limp from here to there like Captain Ahab.  I just want to walk normally again.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 9 a.m. and turned on CNN.  Putin's still in Syria in an effort to prop-up the Assad regime.  Good for him.  He can choke on the country for all I care.  The last time the Russians screwed with Islam they lost their empire.  Let them waste their blood and treasure.

I read the paper later in the day.  The South Koreans defeated Kuwait 1-0 in football.  The ROK has the best team in Asia.  But that's not saying much.  However, the Red Devils did make the quarter finals in the World Cup back in 2002.  They finished fourth in the tournament.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Staying Alive by the Bee Gees.  God bless.    

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that frosty Putin-Obama relationship is almost like we're back in the Cold War again. I'm pretty sure Obama won't commit much U.S. effort towards any serious involvement in Syria... but his upcoming successor might.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have no idea who will be the next president. I thought Trump would implode like Ross Perrot. But he's hanging tough.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.