Thursday, October 1, 2015

Thursday

(The Bastard Executioner is a winner.)

Yesterday, I took my eldest boy to a restaurant.  We ate fifteen dollars worth of fried chicken.  He complained the entire time.  The poor child is tired of listening to my bullshit.  Who can blame him? I washed the vittles down with a pitcher of Cass beer.  The experience was marvelous.

I watched a show called The Bastard Executioner.  The series is set in Wales during the medieval period.  The torture scenes are great. One man is peeled alive with a dull knife.  Another unfortunate is publicly beheaded with a single stroke of a sword.  And--as the coup de grace--a teenage girl has her nose cut off for offending the powers-that-be.  Talk about entertainment.  It doesn't get any better than that.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy nihilist.  I asked Jesus to look after the health of my family.  My youngest son Bluce is recovering from a bout of enteritis and pneumonia.  Meanwhile, I'm still hobbling along on my gimpy infected ankle. It's been a tough couple of weeks.  I'm just glad to finally be out of the hospital.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m. and turned on my laptop computer.  A Muslim in India was dragged out of his house by an angry mob.  He was then beaten to death with bricks and rocks.  His crime?  Eating beef. One of the best things Christ did was abolish the Hebrew dietary regulations.  Piddling rules only serve to alienate us from each other.

I read the paper later in the day.  A man from the city of Taejon is under arrest for constantly harassing the police.  In fact, this nut job has placed over two thousand calls to his local station.  He likes to get drunk and curse at them.  The judge gave him a sixth month suspended sentence.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Back in the New York Groove by Kiss.  God bless.    

4 comments:

  1. Glad you made it out of the hospital in one piece, Smith. I've heard that in foreign countries, going to the hospital for even a small thing can sometimes turn out to be a one-way trip.

    The part in your post about Jesus overturning the Hebrew dietary laws: I'd like to read about that. Is there a part in the NT that covers that? Those Hebrew dietary laws were pretty strict. Eat shellfish and go straight to hell, or some such...

    Take care, and hang in there.

    Eric in N. Seattle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eric. It's Matthew 15:11 and Acts 15:12.

      I'm feeling much better. Korean hospitals are top-notch.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. Hey Mr Smith,

    Sounds like you are on the mend.

    I'm quite a bit older than you and maybe have more experience with Asian females. You are on the right path.

    It's about baby steps and incremental improvement. That's what I see that you are doing now.

    Over and out,
    Steve in Topeka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. I'm doing my best.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.