Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Wednesday

(Daniel Cormier retains his title.)

Yesterday, I prepared pork and beef for dinner.  I did a nice job.  The meat was both tender and salty.  Nevertheless, eating alone is quite a drag, but anything's better than listening to my wife's incessant bitching.  I washed the vittles down with two bottles of Jinro soju.  I fear I'm becoming a drunkard.  Oh well.  What's a boy to do?

I watched the UFC.  Daniel Cormier fought Alexander Gustafsson for the light-heavyweight championship of the world.  The match was brilliant--an entertaining five-round blood bath.  Alexander caught Daniel with a knee that would have knocked most men senseless.  But Cormier is a former Olympic wrestler with a cast-iron chin.  He came back and outpointed the Swede to retain his title.  The bout was electric.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy pagan.  I asked Jesus to heal my leg.  I'm still in a great deal of pain.  I used to be half-a-stud back in the day.  And, from time to time, I try to recapture my glory.  I caught cellulitis while attempting to walk 100 kilometers.  I got all the way to ninety before the disease shut me down.  It's probably time to grow up and act my age.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m. and turned on my laptop.  Texas executed another inmate.  The man's name was Juan Garcia.  He shot a missionary in the head in order to steal eight dollars.  The victim's wife and daughter forgave Juan for his sinful ways.  I go back and forth on the issue of capital punishment.  I'm not sure where I stand.

I read the paper later in the day.  A lot of salary men in their forties and fifties are angry over the Korean price hike in cigarettes.  They used to be able to buy a pack of smokes for approximately two dollars.  Now the cost has more than doubled.  I'm so glad I quit that filthy habit.  My lungs feel wonderful, and I'm saving a lot of money.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Space Oddity by David Bowie.  God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.