Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Wednesday

(Jason Van Dyke was indicted for first-degree murder.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady prepared salmon and French fries for dinner.  The meal wasn't very good.  My wife's a busy woman, and her cooking lacks soul.  But I didn't complain.  I just smiled and ate my vittles with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.  I'm wonderful that way.  I washed the food down with several glasses of generic cola.  I'm a broke dead dick, so I can't afford the good stuff.

I watched The Walking Dead.  The entire episode was a flashback about the black guy who uses a fighting stick to save lives.  It turns out that he was formerly a crazed killer preying on the innocent.  Luckily, he meets a forensic psychiatrist who shows him the error of his ways.  The doctor manages to turn him into a peaceful flower child.  But this pacifist is quickly becoming a thorn in the side of Rick and his crew.  After all, the last thing one needs during a zombie apocalypse is a sidekick who's a sensitive poet.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty pagan.  I asked Jesus to make me a better man.  My wife and children often claim that I'm a negative son-of-a-bitch.  So I want to become more positive in my speech and actions.  I believe that change is possible.  I'm a work in progress.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m. and read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  There's a rally in Seoul scheduled for December 5th.  However, the police say that they might deny the protesters their right to peacefully assemble.  The president's uncomfortable with free speech.  Her daddy used to be a former military strong man who ruled the peninsula for nearly two decades.  To be honest, I'm not sure if South Korea's actually a democracy.  Therefore, I had better keep my mouth shut.  God bless the president.  Wink, wink.

I turned on my laptop.  A young man in Chicago named Laquan McDonald got stoned on PCP and started breaking into cars while wielding a knife.  A 37-year-old cop named Jason Van Dyke arrived on the scene and killed the criminal with his revolver.  Van Dyke has now been indicted for first-degree murder.  I just don't get it.  Looks like Shakespeare was correct.  Fair is foul, and foul is fair.  America is well on her way to becoming a crime-ridden third-world cesspool.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Cotton Fields by CCR.  God bless.

11 comments:

  1. If you enjoy the Walking Dead, I hope you are able to catch Ash v. Evil Dead. Funny stuff!


    Good luck with the Dragon Lady. I enjoy yer blog, even if the the bozos at ZH don't

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Chrome. I love Ash vs. Evil Dead. I watch it every week.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. I agree with everything you said, apart from the stuff about free speech. Wink wink.

    James Hyun Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Smith. I appreciate your blog - I guess it's one of the things I'm thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eric. Those are some very kind words.

      Cheers, and Happy Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  4. everybody nowdays is vinyl-wrapping their car. just take a look at australia.
    https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=vinyl%20wrap
    there are lots of tutorials online, which is a pretty good way to spend the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Smith, you done been spammed. Everybody in Australia is NOT vinyl-wrapping heir car, at least not in Melbourne. And I haven't seen any stories in the national press (I read papers from the other capital cities online to avoid the "25 free articles per month" paywall from the left-wing newspaper chain. The Murdoch national newspaper chain, I don't even bother with.) There are some cars/vans that are vinyled, but that's all for advertising the companies that own those vehicles. If I could be arsed to own a car, though, I would definitely have some outrageous vinyl decor on it, especially if it was a fast car.

      Delete
    2. I have no idea what vinyl-wrapping a car details. I can't wrap my head around it.

      Cheers.

      Delete
    3. In case you're truly wondering, Mr. Smith, and not just trolling with faux iggerence (I suspect you're shrewder than the image you portray here and in your intentionally moronic blogwhore comments on ZH) here's a link about vinyl wrapping:

      http://www.provinyl.com.au/what-is-a-car-wrap.html


      Cool what they did with that Lamborghini! I did not realise how labour-intensive it was until seeing that clip. I reckon it's cheaper than a paint job, and easier to undo. Seems to be a bigger thing in Sydney and the Gold Coast (Australia's equivalent to Miami/Fort Lauderdale) than down here in the cold South. I'll have to give a closer squizz to tricked-out rides with elaborate decor now. I mainly associate wrapped cars with all the ones I see carrying adverts for the companies that own them here. Maybe some of the hotrods that I think are stylin' are really vinylin'.

      Delete
    4. I'm actually pretty stupid. No kidding. My ignorance is not an act.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.