Monday, December 14, 2015

Monday

(Ted Cruz is in bed with big oil.)

Yesterday, I took my family to church.  The pastor talked about being a soldier of God.  He gave a long list of characteristics that soldiers of God should possess.  But I never actually listen to his sermons.  The guy's a smug pain-in-the-ass.  Besides, I just go to smile and wave at the people.  I'm a social butterfly.

My wife had a hankering for sushi.  So we drove through heavy traffic to a local eatery.  We ate raw oysters and raw flounder.  Plus we also enjoyed a piping hot bowl of fish head soup.  Looks delicious, doesn't it?  Yuck.  I'm doing my best to keep the Dragon Lady entertained.  What's the old saying?  Happy wife, happy life. Let's see how things work out.

(Fishhead soup isn't for everybody.)

I watched UFC 194.  I'm not good at predicting outcomes.  For instance, I thought Jose Aldo would rip Connor MacGregor a new asshole. It seemed like a safe pick.  That little Brazilian hadn't lost a fight in over seven years.  MacGregor knocked him cold in thirteen seconds.  One massive left hook, and it was all over.  No shit.  On top of that, Chris Weidman got the crap knocked out of him by Luke Rockhold.  I would have never guessed it in a million years.

(Chris Weidman got his ass kicked by Luke Rockhold.)

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees. No big surprise. I'm not some filthy atheist.  I asked Jesus to make me a better person.  I'm a real negative son-of-a-bitch. For instance, I always ride my eldest son about his poor math skills.  But I suck at math, too.  The kid recently make a B+ on his Algebra final.  That's not too shabby.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I had a dream about being up in a mountain with my Hyundai Santa Fe SUV.  Suddenly there was an explosion, and I was knocked off the road.  After that, Romans on horseback came storming down the path while swinging their swords in the air.  They didn't see me.  I was crouched down in the bushes.

I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank a cup of freshly brewed coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  Two men in Seoul were caught manufacturing meth in their apartment.  They learned the formula from the internet.  One of the suspects claimed that heavy debts drove him to crime.  He'll end up serving a few years in jail.  Asians don't mess around with narcotics.  It's a definite no-no in this part of the world.

I turned on CNN.  Ted Cruz has a ten point lead in Iowa over Donald Trump.  Evangelicals love the Texan.  And I like him, too.  Cruz is a smart man with conservative social values.  But he's in bed with big oil.  In fact, the petroleum companies are the main contributors to his super-pac.  So a vote for Ted is a vote for the same-old, same-old.  Dick Cheney was glued hip to hip with Halliburton, and we all remember how that turned out.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Napal Baji by Psy.  God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.