Sunday, December 6, 2015

Sunday

(Jerry Falwell Jr. believes his students should carry guns.)

Yesterday, I went with my friends for shabu-shabu.  It's a delicious Japanese meal which features razor-thin beef boiled along with a variety of vegetables.  Both the conversation and the feast made me quite joyful.  I enjoy shooting the shit with my buddies.  I washed the vittles down with several glasses of Pepsi.  A good time was had by all.

(Shabu-shabu rocks.)

I watched the latest episode of The Ultimate Fighter.  It's the most compelling show on television.  Marcin the Polish Zombie eked out a victory against Swedish David.  Meanwhile, Juicy J advanced by outpointing his Spanish opponent Abner over three rounds.  I can't wait for next week.  I firmly believe that Jose Aldo will rip Connor McGregor a new asshole.  But what do I know?

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty misanthrope.  I love my fellow man.  I asked Jesus for the gift of patience.  The Dragon Lady is suffering from Graves' Disease.  Translation?  Hyperthyroidism.  She's swimming in hormones.  However, her medication appears to be working.  Her anger quickly comes and goes these days.  The Savior has worked another miracle in my life.  Amen.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 8 a.m. and turned on CNN.  I like the network better and better each day.  Jerry Falwell Jr. is the president of Liberty University.  He believes that his students should arm themselves for protection against the Islamic horde.  I couldn't agree more.  If I lived in America, I would certainly apply for a conceal-carry permit.  That way I could blow Ahmed a new asshole if push came to shove.

I read the paper later in the day.  Koreans are eating more and more bread.  In fact, bread is outselling rice at all the Emart supermarkets. This news floors me.  Dietary patterns are certainly changing on the peninsula. I'm quite disappointed. Soon all the hot skinny Asian girls will turn into plump American fatties.  Oh well.  What's a boy to do?

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Give a Little Bit by Roger Hodgson.  God bless.

14 comments:

  1. Hey Smith, it's cool they figured out a diagnosis on your wife and fixed her up. We all just assumed you drove her crazy. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks brother.

      I'm very thankful that we figured out the problem.

      Cheers.

      Delete
    2. Hey Smith, yes, it's really good news. I thought you two were finished for sure. I've known people with that condition, and they can just get really angry for no good reason, all wild eyed and shit. They don't know what they're doing. Good thing you have access to medical care. Buy that doctor a bottle of that hooch you drink. Looks like your luck is turning around. Merry Christmas.

      Delete
    3. I thanks God every night for the medicine. Chemistry is a big freaking deal.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. Great post there, Smith....

    I saw Conor McGregor on Jimmy Kimmel Live the other night. Didn't know much about him, so I Googled him and noticed that UFC fighter Luke Rockhold labeled him "an anorexic leprechaun". Thought that was pretty funny.

    Not sure I'm going to be able to catch that fight, so let us know the outcome.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eric.

      I'm waiting with baited breath. This week is the best in UFC history. Three fight cards in a row.

      Cheers.

      Delete
    2. Baited breath? You been eating worms over there? I think you meant bated.

      Delete
    3. bated
      https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bated

      but really. who cares.

      the bigger issue is about being inclusive. mister fallwell junior had also aught to recommend juju sticks for self defensing against hordes.
      http://dictionary.babylon.com/juju_stick/

      but really. who cares.

      https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/aught

      Delete
    4. b-a-t-e-d

      I'll keep it in mind. I've never been the sharpest tool in the shed.

      Cheers.

      Delete
    5. I never had a huge problem with the Falwells. But what do I know?

      Cheers.

      Delete
  3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZWIVIJT6Uw

    important tip for shabuing:
    don't let go of your meat, she says

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZWIVIJT6Uw#t=81s

    for more information, see
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Reader.

      I'm a big shabu shabu fan. However, most Americans never touch the stuff. I don't know why.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  4. hey Smith, shabu is methamphetamine in the Philippines. And yeah, when I got married twenty two years ago I was surrounded by lithesome skinny filipinas. Now you can't go a block without tripping over a porker. best, Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jay.

      Haven't heard from you in a long time. Hope things are going OK. Yes, fat has come to Asia. But I shouldn't talk. I'm morbibly obese.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.