Monday, January 11, 2016

Monday

(Ted Cruz is a smelly Canadian.)

Yesterday, I took my family to a buffet-style restaurant.  The menu featured both ribs and chicken.  The meal also came with unlimited wine.  I ate a bunch of pork and poultry.  Then I washed the vittles down with several glasses of cheap Italian red.  I got quite tipsy.  It takes a lot of skill to be a wino.  My stomach simply can't handle the sweetness.

I watched the game between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Houston Texans.  The Chiefs are strong.  They've won eleven games in a row.  Their defense certainly looks quite impressive.  The Texans failed to score a single point during the contest.  Kansas City rolled past their opponent 30-0.  The team has a real shot to win the Super Bowl.  We'll find out next week when they travel to New England.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy atheist.  My mother recently had another cancer scare.  It turns out that the tumor's benign.  She's going in for a lumpectomy next month.  I asked the Savior to keep her in his thoughts.  Of course, we're all going to die.  Just ask David Bowie.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I had one of my recurring dreams concerning smoking.  I was at the train station puffing away on a cigarette.  I became disappointed in myself.  Later, I woke up and felt relieved.  I haven't had a smoke in years.  Falling off the tobacco wagon is one of my phobias.

I got up at 6 a.m. and drank a cup of freshly brewed coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  Half the elderly citizens in South Korea live below the poverty line.  You can often see these old folk collecting cans and bits of cardboard to bring to recycling centers.  These geezers are now committing lots of crime due to economic frustration--including sexual assault and murder. I plan to spend my twilight years homeless in Hawaii.  If you see me on a street corner, please give me some money so that I can buy alcohol.

I turned on CNN.  Donald Trump is once again showing his political genius.  He's currently behind in the polls in the state of Iowa to Ted Cruz.  So now The Donald's telling the smelly unwashed masses that Mr. Cruz really isn't an American citizen. Trump knows that winning Iowa is a huge deal. He wants to use all the ammo in his arsenal.  I tip my hat.  What a competitor.

Anyway, so long for now.  God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes apples have an odd texture, almost like slimy styrofoam.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.