Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Wednesday

(Korean baseball is all about the advertising.)

Yesterday, I made chicken for dinner. I cooked the bird using liberal amounts of salt and grease. It tasted fabulous. Sadly, I had to dine alone. My eldest son had a bout of the runs, and he didn't feel like eating. I washed the vittles down with two bottles of Jinro soju and a large glass of beer. The experience was marvelous. 

I watched the Samsung Lions. The team got their asses kicked yet again. They fell to the Kia Tigers by the score of 7-3. Korean baseball is all about advertising. Every team is sponsored by a huge corporation. But I don't care. The ticket prices are right, and alcohol is permitted in all the stadiums. So why complain?

I paid homage to the Christ God. I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees. No big surprise. I'm not some filthy atheist. I thanked The Savior for my many blessings. My marriage might not be the greatest in the world. But at least my sons are healthy. Plus I have enough money to eat beef from time to time. Things could be much worse. I'm just glad that I wasn't born in Honduras.

I went to bed at 10 p.m. I had a nightmare. A large group of women wanted to kill me. They saw me hiding in an abandoned house and began dancing and howling like wolves. I ran away like a little girl.

I woke up at 5 a.m. and drank a cup of instant coffee. Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break. The hotel industry is exploiting young workers here on the peninsula. The job market's tight, so many fresh go-getters take any gig they can find in order to gain experience. Sadly, they often have to toil for free. The government has vowed to investigate the situation. I'm not holding my breath.

I turned on CNN. Today was the big primary in New York. Trump kicked ass. He won more than 60 percent of the popular vote. He might actually get all of the delegates. However, his ability to hit the magic 1,237 remains in doubt. I still expect Paul Ryan or Mitt Romney to steal the nomination.

Anyway, I've shot my load. So long for now, and God bless everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.